[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would Death Grips be as famous if Ride was white?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
would Death Grips be as famous if Ride was white?
>>
File: Death_Grips_Performing_in_NYC.jpg (62 KB, 800x617) Image search: [Google]
Death_Grips_Performing_in_NYC.jpg
62 KB, 800x617
When I first read their Wikipedia page and saw this picture I though he was white.
>>
yes of course
he's like the biggest oreo in music, he pretty much is white already
>>
>>61225331
What the fuck

Go away
>>
not quite but maybe still memed a fair bit
>>
>>61225348
He's obviously purple

When i saw this pic i thought he was Jesus
>>
File: image.jpg (422 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
422 KB, 2000x1000
>>61225359
>mfw Oreo is used to alienate black kids that don't have interests in things that don't conform to your stereotypes
>>
>>61225331
no, pitchfork losers only like death grips so they can pretend they’re not racist.
>>
They'd honestly be better respected just because their meme nature is related very much to Ride's threatening black hobo appearance. Maybe not as popular but generally better respected.

I know myself and many others listened to them for a good while before even seeing the band, and he raps and sings(?) a lot like a punk vocalist would so his race isn't clear
>>
>>61225410
lmao meant to remove the don't
>>
>>61225410
This

Seriously pisses me off

Like being called white in school for doing well in classes.
>>
>>61225359
oreo is a fucking retarded and racist concept
>>
>>61225410
>>61225453
>>61225463
lol
since when does oreo have this much of a backlash
i'm black, i self identify as an oreo and it doesnt particularly offend me so i dunno who you guys are trying to defend
>>
before I saw pictures I thought ride was white
>>
>>61225419
meme reply

>>61225437
Nope, they're disliked because of their music. Antifans spewing "DEATH GRIPS ARE SHIT" won't change that.
The meta meme of calling Death Grips a meme is dead.
If you're threatened by black homeless people or people who look like that, then that sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>61225492
Yeah so am I faggot, I'm not offended at all, it's just a really shitty part of American culture that says black people are inherently cool and hip. Don't you see how patronizing and insincere that is? Especially when it leads to insulting people for being individuals instead of part of a shitty monolith?
>>
>>61225331
what the fuck is up with his chest hair?
>>
>>61225492
It doesn't matter because I hate when annoying ass white people call me that shit.
It's not like it's going to make me like them.
I'm defending myself and other black kids that get called oreo.
>>
>>61225520
DEATH GRIPS ARE SHIT
>>
>>61225546
Curly hair, curly chest hair.
>>
>>61225563
Absolutely wrecked.

Death Grips on suicide watch
>>
>>61225520
>implying I am at all threatened or give a fuck about his persona

Even if you think their music is shit, how can you disagree that they wouldn't be more respected if they didn't have a fanbase of memeing autists?
>>
>>61225540
you're taking this way too seriously man
like way too seriously
you need to sit down and reconsider your priorities or something
or is this actually a big controversial subject in america? if it is i guess i'm sorry, i didn't know, i'm not from there
>>
>>61225609
Of course, but what can be done?
>>
>>61225623
I don't know of you're imagining me raging at a screen or what, I am bitter about some parts of society and I'm explaining why

Not about to have an aneurysm or something, but I am allowed to be critical of culture
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.