[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cousin wants to learn music i need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: CTK2400-xlarge.jpg (315 KB, 1800x616) Image search: [Google]
CTK2400-xlarge.jpg
315 KB, 1800x616
Hey /mu/ i was wondering if you can help me out, My 14 year old cousin is a fan of hip hop, he enjoys MF-DOOM, earl sweatshirt, joey bada$$, Quasimodo, captain murphy. he also really enjoys some producers like Madlib, flying lotus, and artists like that you get the point. any way he asked me if i knew anything about piano/music production. i have no fucking clue about it i just enjoy music. anyway the reason i made this was because i would love if you guys linked me or gave me tips on music theory and piano and what hardware and software this guy should get(it would be nice if it gravitated towards hip hop producing). He has a Casio CTK-2400 (pic related) and he has pretty much any DAW you can fucking think of. the cheeky fucker downloaded 16 DAW's some are gotten with other means and some were just free. I really want this guys holiday break to be great so please help a /mu/tant out.
>>
lol

underage b&
>>
>>61224360
how is this underage b&
>>
>>61224309

he needs to learn the ins and outs of sampling. youtube tutorials… the gear he already has is fine.
>>
>>61224407
>my cousin who is 14
>definitely not me who's 14
>but if you could give advice a 14 year old could follow... that would be um... cool
>>
should get him a theory book for jesus day.
ngl it's super useful for making simple melodies.
also get him in to jazz drums
>>
>>61225302
>>61224853
Any recommendations ?
>>
>>61225396
here try this
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+sample+jazz+drums
>>
>>61225457
i only asked to see if you had any good links in mind
>>
File: wellwellwell.jpg (15 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
wellwellwell.jpg
15 KB, 600x300
don't get the kid anything
we've got enough of what he wants to be and if he's not excelling on his own steam at 14 he's not going to excel
don't foster mediocrity, do you hear me you fucking faggot?
put the coffee down
coffee is for closers only

you think i'm fucking with you

i am not fucking with you
>>
>>61226146
thanks family
>>
>>61224360
>>61224853
>>61224893
>>61225457
>>61226146
every single one of these replies is stupid
>>
>>61226146
this one is especially stupid though, nobody who isn't insecure about the attention you'll be taking away from them bothers spouting this "we have enough musicians" garbage.
>>
let this thread die
>>
>>61227444
checked but fuck off i really wanna make this kid happy
>>
>>61227483
maybe pay for some lessons for him? does he have an interface and a turntable to sample records with? would he be interested in gear like a kaoss pad or something to fuck around with that isn't a daw? would he want a microphone/zoom recorder/contact mic to record stuff to make sounds with?
>>
>>61227545
hmm i considered lessons but i asked him and he said he wanted to learn at his own pace
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.