[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I listen to Kids On Holiday I can't help but feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fat-sp08_cover_hi-res.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1414) Image search: [Google]
fat-sp08_cover_hi-res.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1414
When I listen to Kids On Holiday I can't help but feel like it has nothing to do with kids on holiday but it's actually portraying a kind of purgatorial place where kids go when they die as kids- like their souls find themselves in an airport with no one in it, then in a hotel where the usher urges them to "please have some fun" but they can never tell if it's fun or not.
>>
Is there another group with a lmore pronounced music/fanbase quality discrepancy?
>>
idk man, i think it's about a family going on vacation.
>>
Stop having bad trips dude.

The entire album forms a loose story about coming back home from college in the fall/winter (which is actually exactly what Avey and Panda did when they made this album).
>>
Anyone else think College expresses how action, freedom and decision are fundamental, and holds that the only way to rise above the essentially absurd condition of humanity is by exercising our personal freedom and choice?
>>
>>61223184
define quality.
faggot.
>>
>>61223259
lol don't let me hurt your butt senpai

I love AnCo, but too many of the fans look deeply into the lyrics/themes when sometimes Avey and Panda are just having some fun.
>>
>>61223374
Yeah, the whole "Purple Bottle is about Noah" thing is the band just fucking with the interviewer because they absolutely HATE when people ask them about song meaning. If you've ever listened to an AnCo song you should know the interpretation is entirely up the listener.
>>
Merriweather post pavillion is about a man who collects, imprisons, rapes, and murders women in some sort of secluded structure. The album details everything from his obsession with his first target, the raping itself, his mental breakdown, and his capture by police
>>
>>61224281
Wut
>>
>>61224281
pls lay this out for me

all I can think of is "my girls" and 4 walls/adobe slats
>>
>>61223147
Yeah, maybe, but Anco, especially that era of folky anco, was all about having fun and sorta tapping into inner-child like feelings with music. I feel like a lot of their music doesn't have some deeper meaning but is meant to be fun and open for interpretation.
>>
>>61223246
>(which is actually exactly what Avey and Panda did when they made this album)
Nope. Avey went to university for a semester or so and hated it, but not before they made this album. This was their first recording after the intense recording of Here Comes the Indian. Deakin went off somewhere, Geologist left to finish up college, and Avey and Panda recorded this album to see if they still could pull it off after the turbulent experience of Here Comes the Indian.
>>
>>61224281
Just read the lyrics to this album and after reading them I gotta say. Dude what?
>>
>>61224281
Is that what you want to do?
>>
>>61223258
From Wikipedia,
>The short track "College" with its line "You don't have to go to college" has often been mistaken as a political statement. "I just threw that line in there to make it funny and to be anti Beach Boys cause the song is so Beach Boys to begin with. You know it's like the anti...'Be True to Your School' mentality of the fifties," Dave Portner (aka Avey Tare) explained on the Collected Animals message board.

Although the song means whatever you interpret it to mean so keep doin you pal ;)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.