[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the absolute worst music I could play for my QT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 29054.jpg (16 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
29054.jpg
16 KB, 567x425
What would be the absolute worst music I could play for my QT? She's got pretty out there taste and our last get together we listened to Disinegration Loops in its entirety (not that that's out there, but it's pretty fucking long and repetetive). I'm pretty sure she'd be fine with the usual 'don't play to grills' stuff like Death Grips, and Suicide, and she even liked some Current 93 I played for her a while ago.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>61221396

8-bit remixes of power metal songs
>>
>>61221406
Good shout
>>
John Duncan - Blind Date
>>
>>61221396
>Evan Parker - The Topography of the Lungs
Free improvisation.
>>
Dream Theater- Another Day
>>
>>61221406
power metal remixes of 8-bit songs
>>
>>61221434
Was trying to remember what this was called. Yeah, this is a good one
>>
>>61221449
Nah she'd be into that. We were listening to La Monte Young and other early noise music the other day. Thanks for showing me this tho, shit is cool
>>
>>61221396
Nickelback, Five Finger Death Punch if she likes rock music
All Time Low if punk
Maybe Metallica - Enter Sandman if she's into metal music
>>
>>61221489
>>61221451
All excellent suggestions
>>
>>61221485
I know your feels, got a patrician girlfriend too.
If you want to go just straight to the most inaccessible music I know while still being serious music try maybe Greg Kelley - Trumpet.
>>
>>61221513
Thanks very much man. Actually, while you're here, I'm trying to get into more inaccessible, avant garde music, but I'm not really sure what to look for. Probably the most out there stuff I've listened to is stuff like Wyschnegradsky. I'm getting into stuff like This Heat and M.e.s.h. at the moment too. I'm enjoying this Greg Kelley. Do you have any more recs for weird music?
>>
>>61221655
No problem, and I'll help you cover the essensial avant garde.
>Krzysztof Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima
>Iannis Xenakis - Orient-Occident
>Luciano Berio - Visage for Tape
>Helmet Lachenmann - Schwankungen Am Rand
>Giacinto Scelsi - String Quartet No. 4
>Karlheinz Stockhausen - Mikrophonies
>Brian Ferneyhough - Terrain
Hope you like them.
>>
File: zappa_fork.jpg (142 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
zappa_fork.jpg
142 KB, 1000x1000
Did somebody say spork thread?
>>
>>61221730
Thank you very much pal, I'll save that list. Do you have any recommendations for how to find more contemporary art music? Because, I mean, last fm is fine for pop music, but it would be nice to get some recommendations from minimalist composers other than Phillip Glass
>>
>>61221874
Always a pleasure to see someone interested in Avant-Garde Music. And yes, this one is a nice guide. http://www.theguardian.com/music/series/a-guide-to-contemporary-classical-music
>>
File: 456789.jpg (153 KB, 1072x1072) Image search: [Google]
456789.jpg
153 KB, 1072x1072
do it
>>
>>61221396
https://soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g/honey-i-shrunk-the-kidfaqqi-dissprod-by-empty-beats
>>
>>61221948
You are a godsend. Do you write music yourself? Also, you might be interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxpQT2EwR1M
>>
>>61221449
Great album.
>>
>>61221992
This is very good, what are you talking about
>>
>>61221948
Also, I'm goin out for a bit now, but should be back in like an hour and a half if you want to continue chatting shit
>>
>>61222058
Sounds fun, I might need to listen to the full album.
>Do you write music yourself?
I improvise some things, but I'm only how learning to play a saxophone so far.
>>61222134
Sure.
>>
>>61221406
A Capella versions of 8-bit songs.
>>
>>61221396
how did you get this picture of me?
>>
>>61222180
Would you count stuff like Oneohtrix Point Never, and Elysia Crampton and maybe even some vaporwave as art music?
>>
>>61224421
I haven't listened to them, but if you mean Art Music as in Academic Music, then I would say no.
>>
>>61224506
I do mean that, yes. And why do you think that?
>>
Phil Minton - A Doughnut's End
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.