[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that Marry Me is the only good St. Vincent album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: folder.jpg (216 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
216 KB, 1000x1000
Friendly reminder that Marry Me is the only good St. Vincent album
>>
File: cover.jpg (137 KB, 1493x1541) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
137 KB, 1493x1541
>>61221143
Friendly reminder that you're trolling: all her albums are great.
>>
File: ʘɷʘ.png (4 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ʘɷʘ.png
4 KB, 300x300
>It's another pop thread
>>
>>61221258
that looks like a butt in between two titties
>>
>>61221239
friendly reminder that youre alin
>>
>>61221291
This is a family-friendly board, anon
>>
>>61221297
Who's alin
>>
Marry Me > Actor > Ratsliveonnoevilstar > Strange Mercy > St. Vincent > Love This Giant
>>
Why the fuck would marry me be her best album?

Jesus Saves I Spend has to be the worst song she's ever done
>>
>>61221353
Because the same album also has Landmines and The Apocalypse Song and Paris Is Byrning
>>
>>61221352
You do have it all wrong
Actor>Strange Mercy>S/t>Love This Giant>Marry Me> Whatever live album
>>
>>61221353
Because it has her most consistently good songwriting, That's a great song btw.

>>61221381
And "Now, Now", and "Your Lips Are Red", and "Human Racing", and "What Me Worry".
>>
>>61221381
it's not consistent though

And I don't hold Landmines and The Apocalypse Song in such high degree.

The apocalypse song has some pretty poorly constructed lyrics as far as I can remember

"Wait, I'll be swifter than the speed of light
Carbon on my body
A hundred years of time"

not just that but the body "tap dancing-ish" percussion towards the climax is so quirky. It always get's a smile out of me but its because I'm laughing at it.
>>
>>61221410
It's more consistent than Actor, which has maybe 3 good songs. Why are you listening to pop music for the lyrics?
>>
File: 1450757951643.jpg (94 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1450757951643.jpg
94 KB, 500x481
>>61221143
daily reminder that Cara is her better half
>>
>>61221446
I'm not listening to it for the lyrics but when the words don't rhyme and verbs are missing it's sloppy. Simply changing the melody a bit would've worked.

Actor had a much more interesting instrumentation than Marry Me (The Bed), poly-rhythms (the strangers, the party, the neighbours) and the songs are diverse in style (Marrow, Black Rainbow, Just The Same But Brand New).

The album's virtues go on
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.