[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Completionism vs. Minimalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: I GUESS.jpg (10 KB, 185x203) Image search: [Google]
I GUESS.jpg
10 KB, 185x203
How do you go about it /mu/? Do you still keep those shitty songs on the album in your library? Are you the type who gets the entire discography of an artist you like one album of?
>>
yes. i hoard. some sort of inherently human thing about collecting, maybe. i don't like only having pieces of a set. need the whole set.
>>
I keep whole albums, I do not keep whole discographies if I don't like an album.
>>
>>61213079
If I like an artist I'll get all their studio albums. I usually don't care about live albums
>>
I keep it all. Same boat as >>61219935
>>
File: Spikee.jpg (73 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Spikee.jpg
73 KB, 960x960
> How do you go about it /mu/?
When I hear about something that might be interesting, I give it a listen. Sometimes I sample on Bandcamp/Youtube/Soundcloud first (if it's a genre I rarely like, like hip hop, vaporwave or folk), sometimes I download straight away.

Giving the album a proper listen is better than sampling first though.

> Do you still keep those shitty songs on the album in your library?
Of course, an album is an item. Sometimes it's just a collection of songs that might be listened to however you want, sometimes it forms a cohesive whole and should be listened to exactly as presented, but I like having the entire thing anyway.

> Are you the type who gets the entire discography of an artist you like one album of?
No. First I get one album. If it sounds interesting and I know I will want more, then I download one more. Then one more etc. I go very progressively and barely have any complete discographies in my library.
>>
Latter. I keep the whole discography even if there is only a couple of albums I listen to. That may exclude some artists with 10+ albums and the like if I'm tight on HDD space, then I'll only get albums I'm interested in. I guess I keep it not because of hoarding but in hopes that I'll feel like trying something new one day and get into an album I never really liked before, sometimes it happens, most of the times not.
>>
Do you delete songs off of your vinyl records?

No?

Well then.
>>
>Do you still keep those shitty songs on the album in your library?

Yup. I might come to like them someday, y'know.

>Are you the type who gets the entire discography of an artist you like one album of?

Nah. If I like an album of an artist, I'll check another, if I like that one too I'll check another, and so on.
>>
i only go as far as my interest goes. if i like an album, i'll check out an artist, usually go through their best rated stuff first. if my interest doesn't hold, i don't bother with more. every so often, i'll prune my library, but usually i don't need to, since i listen to it before it goes into my library in the first place.

sorta like >>61222467

might want to mention that i'm going purely digital at this point, so it's far easier to keep everything sorted.
>>
>>61219883
nothing triggers me more than seeing somebody's music collection consisting of a a few dozen artists with two to eight songs each.
>>
>>61219883
deleting tracks off of albums isn't minimalism, it's autism
>>
>>61219883
I think having an album you dislike just because it's by a band you like is really stupid

I don't really ever delete individual songs though apart from when I deleted One More Time from Discovery.
>>
>>61219883
Completionist all the way. I have CDs of bands that the bands themselves don't even have a copy of.

Except Coldplay. Fuck their recent shit.
>>
I only keep albums I like, not entire discographies. Thank god because my library is big enough as is.
>>
>>61219883
Two collections.
One has all of the full albums I like, and the other is a 6000+ song playlist of songs I like
>>
>>61219883
I only have the albums that I enjoy, not whole discogs, and from there I make playlists with favorite songs for shuffle and chill purposes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.