[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will australians realise that triple J is normie as fuck&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: effor.png (414 KB, 493x821) Image search: [Google]
effor.png
414 KB, 493x821
When will australians realise that triple J is normie as fuck& their hottest song of the year will be some top40 poptimism or some rly depressing shit like Chet Cucker
>>
who gives a shit you australian fuck
>>
>>61219030
who gives a shit about who gives a shit you shit
>>
>>61219019
most australians have horrible taste in music

people actually think triple j is good taste
>>
really OP, you think that a poll which asks people about their favourite songs of the year will be full of

music which is popular?

I don't know, that seems to be a pretty shaky hypothesis

especially the part about the most popular song being a popular song

I don't think that will be the case at all
>>
File: 1450759464905.jpg (20 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1450759464905.jpg
20 KB, 340x340
Australia is a cultural and talent black hole, when people do become successful they leave. and when creative people want to make something they don't have any creative culture to work from there's no strong artistic scene there's no Australian influences. Australian creatives are constantly trying to be American or English because that's where all of their influences come from because Australian media is just as concerned with those countries, if not more concerned with them over Australia.
Triple J, claims to unearth Australian musicians but most of the music it plays is American, because that's what Australians want to hear, because they don't like Australian music, because Australians don't know how to make their own music.
>>
>>61219019
because 90% of triple j's fans are bogans who believe whatever they are told. I dare you to read the comments on the stuff triple j posts on fb
>>
>>61219968
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MY BOOMERANG CUNT
>>
>>61220005
Even Aboriginals could be argued to have a stronger cultural identity than European Australians, their art and music has barely wavered it looks and sounds exactly like aboriginal culture, and modern aboriginal art even manages to address the modern age and and stay true to it's roots. What do the whites have that makes what they produce special? Nothing, they have no roots, there was colonial culture, which dissipated long ago and nothing else has taken it's place.

Everything European Australia does didn't start in Australia and doesn't have any background there.
There are DJ scenes that are a reaction to what is happening overseas.
There were and are rock/punk/folk scenes that are a reaction to what happened overseas.
There was an impressionism scene that was a reaction to what was happening overseas.
>>
>>61219019

HHAAHAHAAH EVERYONE WHO IS AGAINST TRIPLE J IS A FREAK. THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T FIT IN AND AREN'T COMFORTABLE WITH THEMSELVES. WHY DO YOU THINK /MU/ IS FILLED WITH DEPRESSED 'NO GF' WHITE BOYS? HAHAHAHAH YOU WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING IN LIFE.
>>
>>61219019
Most of us have anon, can't do much about the normie cunce
>>
File: banmeplease.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
banmeplease.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
>>61219968
>Australia has 23 million people, the US has 320 million

Call me when America makes a psych pop band as good as Tame Impala
>>
>>61220722
what about pink floyd
>>
>>61220736
Modern band i should have said
>>
>>61219968
Two of the biggest album of the year candidates in courtney barnett and tame impala in a population 1/16th that of the US
>>
>>61219019
I just came back from a trip to Europe where I was hearing all types of new shit everywhere and was shocked to find out that 90% of the music on triple j was still boring indie/electronica crap. If you're in Sydney and want to listen to music that has conceptually progressed past 2005 just listen to 2ser or fbi
>>
File: 1372175402530.jpg (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1372175402530.jpg
136 KB, 500x500
>>61220722
>Tame Impala
>>
But what other fuckin radio station should i listen too?
>>
>>61220812
FBI is pretty good too anon
>>
>>61220839
If in Bris 4ZZZ
Melb - Triple R
Syd - FBI, 2SER
>>
>>61219019
As poser as Tripple J listeners are, it's still better than hottest hits stations.
>>
>>61220877
>Implying Triple M isn't the most patrician station going
>>
>>61220276
You do make a good point when you say we lost our colonial culture and haven't replaced it with anything.

As a nation we've spent so long trying to erase the evil colonial/convict history and embrace a multiculturalist identity that we don't really have anything tangible to be a unifying force.
>>
>>61220900
>triple M
>literally the same playlist every day, repeated hourly

kek
>>
>>61220900
I was pleasantly surprised when visiting Sydney and I heard some Pearl Jam come on.
>>
>>61220722
Flaming Lips, Of Montreal, MGMT, Anco
>>
unearthed is literally richard kingsmill's very own personal talent show
>>
>>61220849
I know it is, they've defs stepped up as of late
>>
>>61220276
'dolewave' was a step in the right direction at least
>>
>>61219019
Thanks for reminding me, gotta put some money on Tame Impala for getting top spot this year.
>>
I prefer double J but that's digital, I think /mu/ would like it generally.
I also like FBI radio. Best in Sydney imo.
>>
Getting a one of those digital radio things was a great in investment. It lets me browse stations based on country and once I spent a whole day listening to a Riga hip hop station. It was an oddball mix of local and Russian stuff with the odd American track. There were some bangers too but the language prevented me from looking them up.
>>
>>61220736
>Pink Floyd
>American
The amount of shit I read on this board man
>>
>>61220276
>What do the whites have that makes what they produce special?

skeaz cunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGHnaYjN1rg
>>
>>61221141
whoa this isn't bad at all thanks anon
>>
What do you all think of Troye Sivan? As far as radio pop goes he's pretty nice/has some creativity
>>
>>61220990
lol prepare to lose
>>
>>61220968
Is dolewave shit like Kerser or boong music
>>
>>61221422

i like him
>>
>>61220927
All better than lame impala kek
>>
>>61219968

I hope you don't also mean this about new zealand as well
>>
>>61220736
epic
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.