[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>music "criticism" >it mentions the lyrics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1440834969850.jpg (25 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1440834969850.jpg
25 KB, 320x320
>music "criticism"
>it mentions the lyrics
>>
its ok if it exclusively refers to rhyme, meter, etc.
>>
>>61217261
le dose of buckley face
>>
>>61217261
Its part of the music, otherwise the artist might as well not have put any lyrics
>>
>>61217261
>lyrics cannot be a part of music
>>
File: 1388255897762.jpg (19 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1388255897762.jpg
19 KB, 208x210
>"'music' 'criticism'"
>essay on the social meanings of the lyics and the media image of the artist
>story of how the reviewer used to listen to the album to recover from a breakup
>lousy prose poem/sci-fi/fantasy story "inspired" by the album
>review mostly focuses on movies and shows the album reminds him of
>review written from the point of view of a fan of the artist at the time of recording, even though the reviewer wasn't even born yet at the time
>review mostly focuses on the calculation of the score which takes in every single indivisible aspect of the album and for which only the craziest mathematician can make sense of
>>
File: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).gif (21 KB, 132x99) Image search: [Google]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).gif
21 KB, 132x99
>music
>>
>>61217261
lyrics work with the sound to create mental imagery
>>
>literature criticism
>it mentions the words
>>
>>61217261
>>61217297
I hope this is bait
>>
>>61217477
Music isnt litature
>>
>>61217477
>reading for the words
lmao, I didn't realize it was still casual tuesday
>>
>>61217330
they can't you fucking idiot, the voice is an instrument, lyrics just fit into the vocal melody that's already there (an actual layer of music)
>>
laughing at the memerap fags trying to claim lyrics are music because there's literally nothing else of value in their shit genre
>>
>>61217505
Well actually Litutrare is about more than the words, it's where the combination of words and mental textures takes you
>>
>>61217261
I don't see what your fucking problem is sure lyrics don't affect me to much but if an album has really good lyrics i may give it a higher score if i feel like they add something to the album and same for bad lyrics.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.