[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Ozzie-Osbourne-U06695.jpg (357 KB, 858x750) Image search: [Google]
Ozzie-Osbourne-U06695.jpg
357 KB, 858x750
I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS
>>
On a what?
>>
Ozzy was never good, it's just that he knew how to find great guitarists (Iommi, Rhoads, Wilde, Bucket Head, etc)
>>
File: 1448072389176.jpg (44 KB, 496x514) Image search: [Google]
1448072389176.jpg
44 KB, 496x514
>>61215679
>Bucket Head
>>
Surprises you a little that the guy who bit the head of a bat would make a snappy Top 40 tune like that. It actually stands in comparison to Sabbath's first record without him which was strictly AOR with no radio friendly songs.
>>
>>61215815
He moved away from that after RR's death - Bark At The Moon is a much less commercial AOR record.
>>
>>61215701
>guy wears a funny costume so he can't be taken seriously as an artist
>>
>>61216234
Didn't Ozzy tell him to get rid of the bucket?
>>
>>61215815
No joke, my mom drew Ozzy's blood after he bit the head off the bat. Makes sense that some Des Moines rapscallion would throw a real bat onstage. Fucking autistic city.
>>
File: Ozzy_osbourne_1982.jpg (21 KB, 480x316) Image search: [Google]
Ozzy_osbourne_1982.jpg
21 KB, 480x316
JUST
>>
>>61216062
>>61215815
Yah it's weird. Ozzy's solo debut is snappy radio rock and then next album goes to tough guy edgy 13 year old metalhead mode.
>>
>>61217256
He was probably broke and needed money for drugs after leaving Sabbath, so he needed to record commercial singles like Crazy Train to get some income coming in.
>>
>>61215282
He looks a bit like Ariel Pink.
>>
>>61217276
>>61217256
That was pretty much what made Ozzy a household name to Americans because Sabbath in the 70s didn't have a large following and absolutely no radio-friendly songs to get casuals and soccer moms into them.

Nikki Sixx had said that Judas Priest took forever to get big due to their lack of commercial material pre-British Steel/Vengeance era.
>>
>>61215815
"We had gotten down some of the material that would become Heaven & Hell by the spring of '79, but Ozzy just couldn't wrap his head around the direction we were trying to take the band."
>>
>>61217476
I think what Iommi/Butler were trying to do was have more epic songs like the H&H title track (probably inspired by Judas Priest tunes such as Victim of Changes) but Ozzy either didn't understand the material or he didn't have the vocal range for it.
>>
>>61217504
Or he was too whacked on drugs.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.