[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is a solid fucking hour of the most delicious, scrumptious,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: meam.jpg (110 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
meam.jpg
110 KB, 600x579
This album is a solid fucking hour of the most delicious, scrumptious, and completely delectable ear candy money can buy. It runs the gauntlet, from subdued white noise to deafening clicks. It's the kind of stuff that will always make me feel energized after hearing it, even if it isn't particularly eventful.

After two short(ish) tracks open the album with a hefty atmosphere, and really gets the sound of the album across to you. Right after that, the album hits you with its thirty minute glitch opera centerpiece. This track is an incredible journey from beginning to end, almost feeling cinematic or even emotional. Eleven sections of wildly different textures and atmospheres pass by throughout the track, and it stays entertaining through the whole thing.

Real good shit.
>>
This album is basically an homage to Naked City in case you havent heard it.
>>
>>61215172
I just realized there's a typo in the review. i'll get to editing the one on the RYM page.
>>
Mr. Bungle is the most basedist band in the world. I was hanging out with this guitarist the other day and we were getting real heavy into our musical discussions and stuff and we ended up at Mr. Bungle through a Dunn collaboration and neither of us had much to say other than laughing at how fucking good they are.

Honestly I'm glad /mu/ is growing up and moving towards Bunglecore.

I usually opt not to listen to Volante since my tolerance for abrasive music has definently gone down since age 16, but I still love it in my heart. I think California is my favorite, in part because it's a fucking masterpiece but also because it's so fucking cool that a band like Mr. Bungle could have made a pop music tour de force
>>
>>61215221

FIXED

This album is a solid fucking hour of the most delicious, scrumptious, and completely delectable ear candy money can buy. It runs the gauntlet, from subdued white noise to deafening clicks. It's the kind of stuff that will always make me feel energized after hearing it, even if it isn't particularly eventful.

Two short(ish) tracks open the album with a hefty atmosphere, and really get the sound of the album across to you. Right after that, the album hits you with its thirty minute glitch opera centerpiece. This track is an incredible journey from beginning to end, almost feeling cinematic or even emotional. Eleven sections of wildly different textures and atmospheres pass by throughout the track, and it stays entertaining through the whole thing.

Real good shit.
>>
Disco Volante and California are two of my favorite albums of all time. It blows my mind that a band can release something so bold and "out there" like DV, then release something very poppy and "traditional" like California... and not have it feel forced or diminished returns. Both records perfect exactly what they set out to do and more. Both 10/10 for completely different reasons yet for the same reasons also, it's weird.

Some would tell you that the iconic Bungle style is the usage of creative genre hopping they do inbetween or even during songs. I would argue the bands greatest strength is creating a rock solid foundation of clever and high quality songwriting that allows the music to come to life.
>>
Is this the beginning of an epic meme?
>>
Just one bump
>>
>>61215172
10/10 best
All of their albums are the best
Thanks Mr. Bungle
>>
>>61216530
no thank mr bungle :-)
>>
spork general?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.