[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this the only burzum album that usually gets mentioned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Filosofem.jpg (256 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
Filosofem.jpg
256 KB, 600x550
why is this the only burzum album that usually gets mentioned? are the rest just shit?
>>
>>61214038
It's because it's his most popular. His other albums range from also as great to boring.
>>
>>61214038
no. the rest aren't as good

people who like to feel special will say hvis is better though even though they're wrong

that being said you shouldnt give the other albums a try
>>
>>61214038

I personally think his work has improved with age.

My personal favorite is Umskiptar. Spent two weeks in central Norway the year it came out, listening to it while wandering fjords and on the train. It was nothing but comfiness.
>>
>>61214038
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is better

ignore this man >>61214079
>>
varg's prison era is woefully underrated. not to mention it seems most of the people making fun of daudi baldrs don't even like burzum in the first place and are just here for the memes
>>
>>61214038
because it works better on t-shirts
daily reminder that black metal is for image-conscious plebs
>>
>>61214038
It's his best album but it would have been improved by replacing Rundtgaing with Tomhet
>>
>>61214225
Like it or not, image affects the reactions some people get from things.

Album covers are the best way for an artist to convey what atmospheres they want to get across to the listener, with some genres being entirely based off of image. (arctic ambient)
>>
It's simply his best album.

From the previous albums only Hvis... comes close. His post-prison albums are good, but Filosofem runs them all into the ground.

It's simple: Filosofem is the quintessential Burzum album.
>>
>>61214320
>arctic ambient
rym invented that "genre" only a couple months ago
>>
>>61214320
>>61214391

ARCTIC AMBIENT IS A FUCKING SHIT GENRE THAT BASES ITS ENTIRE SOUND ON PUTTING THE COLORS BLUE AND WHITE ON EVERY ALBUM COVER. THE ENTIRETY OF THE SCENE IS FILLED WITH NIHILISTIC FUCKTARDS WHO ARE TOO FUCKING EDGY TO HAVE THEIR MUSIC LABELED AS "WARM DRONE" EVEN THOUGH THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT FUCKING IS. EVERY ARCTIC AMBIENT ALBUM THAT I HAVE HEARD IS DERIVATIVE BULLSHIT THAT IN NO WAY WARRENTS A SUBGENRE OF IT'S OWN, OH WHOOPEE YOU FUCKING MADE SOME SYNTHS PLAY OVER FUZZY STATIC THATS LITTERALLY REGULAR FUCKING WARM DRONE MUSIC YOU FUCKING MEME. IF YOU PUT SUNNY SHIT ON THE COVER THEN IT LITERALLY WOULDN'T BE ARCTIC AMBIENT ANYMORE GET A CLUE BITCH.
>>
>>61214442
fuck off
>>
>>61214464
DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR 7000 ONKYO ALBUMS ON YOUR WISHLIST TO TAKE CARE OF
>>
>>61214038
no the rest of his work is pretty damn good
>>
>>61214320
>arctic ambient
I don't usually visit /mu/.
Is this a new meme? Because I'll be fucked if it isn't.
>>
>>61214588
It's a meme genre created by RYM, just ignore him.
>>
>>61214623
>meme genre
high schooler detected
>>
>>61214623
I guessed as much. What's RYM though?
>>
>>61214732
rateyourmusic.com, an website where autistic people rate their albums and share album reviews.
>>
>>61214079
gtfo

>>61214135
yah
>>
>>61214038
got a DL link plz
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.