[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am hoping to purchase some headphones in a few days, and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: fh.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
fh.png
1 MB, 1280x960
I am hoping to purchase some headphones in a few days, and I am wondering what you guys would recommend to buy. There is no real set budget, but the $150 range is where I'd feel most comfortable capping out.
>>
Bose
>>
>>61212562
Which?
>>
>>61212552
Came to this thread because them titties desu
>>
>>61212584
The most expensive one you can get for $150.

But the ones I have are $180ish, and that may be going past your budget a bit, but that's probably the bare minimum you're going to have to pay if you want to get quality headphones.
>>
>>61212588
Same desu
>>
Word of advice OP, always check customer reviews before buying headphones.
>>
>>61212618
$150~180 is what you'd be paying if you don't want to ever have to upgrade headphones again.

I have seen VMODA crossfades for as little as $79
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A39PPDK?psc=1

I have seen sennheiser momentums for as little as $120
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Black-Headphone/dp/B00AZZNXOK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450839487&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+momentum

you should be looking for headphones of this caliber and versatility. don't be afraid to buy used!
>>
Look into the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. Got mine a few years ago as my first pair of "nice headphones" and love them. They're versatile, but especially good if you listen to a lot of hip-hop or electronic music. Bass is really good.
>>
>>61212552
Literally read the sticky you newfag
>>
>>61213079
Also, this site is a good resource. http://www.head-fi.org/f/
>>
TITS!
>>
mdr 7506
>>
>>61212552
are you planning on using them inside or outside? most studio headphones are annoying to carry around and look ridiculous

i have a pair of sony mdr 7506s for my house and a pair of koss portapros for when im out
>>
>>61212552
For general headphones worth your dollar i'd say HyperX II
I've had them for quite a while and the sound quality (while not amazing) is better than some of the 2-300 dollar headphones I've had
They're also pretty durable and don't trust the 7.1 audio gimmick, it works well for 100 dollars but that can only get you so far. its the best of the worst.
>>
>>61212588
same desu

who is this semen demon

also OP: HD598
>>
>>61212562
lol don't buy Bose

it's the white middle aged version of beats
>>
>>61212552
if you're serious get an open headphone and a dac/amp

dt 990 pro's with the fiio e10k or audioengine d1 are great places to start
>>
>>>/g/hpg
/mu/ is the wrong board for this, honestly, hpg will send you in the right direction. If you're too lazy to go to /g/, I'll give you a couple suggestions, none need amping.

Open headphones: (THESE LEAK SOUND, AND LET IN SOUND, YOU NEED A FAIRLY QUIET ENVIRONMENT)
Sennheiser HD598 (These go for about 150, but it's also the best headphones you can get sub-200, COMFY AS FUCK)
Superlux HD668B (usually go for between 30-50, great entry level open cans, probably some of the best sub 100)
Grado SR60e (around 80, very good, a lot of room for modications, very good for Rock Music)

Closed headphones: (THESE DO NOT LEAK SOUND, AND DO NOT LET IN SOUND, BUT SOUNDSTAGE SUCKS ON CLOSED HEADPHONES SO)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x (Go for around 130, very good intro to Good Headphones, a little uncomfortable, but you can replace the pads)
NVX XPT100 or Brainwavz HM5 (Go for 100, fucking comfy as FUCK, very neutral headphones, removable cable. etc)
>>
>>61215927
>dt990
FUCKINGDISGUSTING.WEBM

see
>>61216008
>>
>>61212552
Audio Technica ATH-M50X they are the best headphones in your budget, amazing studio monitor headphones.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.