[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What age were you when you really got into music? I'm assuming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: baby-landing.png (199 KB, 473x478) Image search: [Google]
baby-landing.png
199 KB, 473x478
What age were you when you really got into music?
I'm assuming 12-14 for most people, like me.
>>
16 or 17
I was a late bloomer
>>
So you just got into music recently?
>>
That's roughly the age of the average /mu/ poster.
>>
music has been a passion of mine for as long as i can remember. but i guess i really "got into" it and began to develop my own taste was when i first started browsing the internet, so i wanna say 7 or 8.

not that my taste was super deep or anything. i was really into grunge and weird al, but that's definitely when it started
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 818x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 818x428
>>61210129
>>
>>61210129
>>
>>61210459
15-16
>>
the last 2 digits of my post
>>
>>61210613
Holy fuck it's actually believable
>>
That seems a bit late?
I started taking music lessons when I was 9 or 10
>>
>>61210613
same
>>
About 47
>>
19 :/
>>
18 or so

before that I didn't even listen to anything ever, not even the radio. I would make my parents drive me around in utter silence.
>>
>>61210129
Discovered REM at 8, that was when I started liking music, knew about VU, but didn't get until I was 15, that was my real gateway, so probably about 15
>>
I don't remember thinking "music is my thing" until 18-ish, but I could talk in depth about production, albums, and discographies around 13. I just assumed everyone could, and it was only when I realized no one else did that it was something I was naturally super into.
>>
>>61210129
3-4
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x192
I remember messing around on the radio, hearing Scorpions on the local rock station and thinking it was the coolest fucking music I had ever heard.

Keep in mind it's the radio so they only ever played shit like Rock You Like a Hurricane, still loved it nonetheless.

I branched out to the "rap" stations around 12 or so, listened to a lot of Usher, Nelly Furtado, Akon. Still listened to rock, but now that included shitty nu-metal bands.

Before that I mainly listened to Sunday School Children's CCM and classical radio stations with my mom in the car. I have fond memories of singing along to the corny, Jesus-loves-me type stuff. I lowkey miss when I was a good Christian.
>>
when I was 10-15 I'd listen to the radio/watch music videos, and was in high school bands. only when I was 22-ish did I really become an active music seeker.
>>
>>61210291
I will never forget my Bangladeshi friend showing me White and Nerdy. I still listen to Al when I'm feeling nostalgic.
>>
>>61210129

My father is a musician.

He had be listening to Floyd and Steely in the car from birth.

Music has always been a massive part of the the fabric of my being, I'm less into music now than ever before having steadily run through almost everything decent in the past and coming to grips with the fact that modern music is significantly more marketed.
>>
16-17
>>
I don't know, my dad worked at a radio station and I started music lessons early on. Going to the record store and crate digging was normal as far back as I can remember. So I guess forever.
>>
When I was 15 I got guitar hero world tour and it basically got me interested in music, but then it took me 2 more years until I actually started putting any effort into finding any beyond online radio streams.
>>
>>61210129
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.