[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hear Paper Planes for the first time in years >remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 619x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 619x412
>hear Paper Planes for the first time in years
>remember how great it is
>decide to check out more of M.I.A.'s stuff
>it's complete fucking shit
Why is this allowed?
>>
Except you're wrong, Kala is a great album, same with Arular. Paper Planes is a good song but it's like her version of "Float On", as in the hit single that doesn't sound similar to the rest of her material
>>
>>61205441
Every single one of her albums is good.
>>
Arular - 8.5/10
Kala - 8/10
the other two - 6.5/10
>>
>>61206138
arular - 7/10
kala - 9/10
maya - 7/10
matangi - 6.5/10
>>
>>61205647
IMO It goes-

Arular - 8/10
Kala - 9/10
MAYA - 6/10
Mathangi - 7/10

Also did you know her first album is named after her father's codename he used in the Sri Lankan civil war? And that she named it Arular in hopes he would google it and regain contact with her? And that it actually worked??
>>
>>61206364
Her father is a terrorist.
>>
File: mia-face-tiger.jpg (229 KB, 550x325) Image search: [Google]
mia-face-tiger.jpg
229 KB, 550x325
>>61206364
Yeah, she has a real interesting background. Diplo said that she had contact with her father before Arular, but it's best to take Diplo's views on her with a grain of salt.
>>
>>61206396
Okay and?
>>
>>61206396
he was never in the tamil tigers if that's what you mean
>>
>>61206396
this is a bad thing...?
>>
>>61205400
paper planes is far from her best song anyway yo
>>
>>61206515
fuck diplo
>>
>>61205400
it's literally her over a clash song with 4 gunshots added to it
>>
its astonishing that people think MIA has made an album that deserves a 7/10 or above
>>
>>61205400
Diplo stopped producing for her
>>
god damn back in like 07-08 we used to have massive parties in my friends garage and we'd pretty much cycle through paper planes, thugz mansion, and kiss me im shitfaced

stop making me feel
>>
>>61207987
ur amazing <3
>>
>>61207973
it's much better song than straight to hell
>>
>>61207973
yeah, but it's so much better than the original clash song. not even memeing here.
>>
One day fly
>>
>>61208529
idk they're both really good and were going for two completely different things. its hard to compare them. straight to hell is an amazing song that's much more lyrically driven and came out 25 years before paper planes. paper planes is just a really great pop song considering how many people across different backgrounds still love it after these years too. but wondering why paper planes is different from her other stuff is pretty stupid because besides the few changes in production and having her voice it's a clash song, not an MIA song
>>
>>61207991
Equally, Diplo has been producing shit since he stopped working with MIA
>>
>>61207987
You're in the minority if you think Kala's anything below an 8/10
>>
>>61208529
That's just wrong. Paper Planes is just a tutorial in how to take a punk protest anthem and turn it into fratboy trash in 4 minutes or less. It's a bad MIA song, and it just ruins Straight to Hell for everyone else.
>>
>>61207991>>61208718
Imagine the world of music today if they had stayed together...
>>
>>61209963
A lot different because current Diplo is one of the most influential people in music these days
>>
>>61209598
well yeah that makes complete sense, what is your point?
>>
>>61209822
M.I.A. has no control on where her songs go. The fact that Paper Planes was able to reach so many different types of people with its message is testament to its excellence. Whilst it doesn't say the same things as Straight to Hell, what its saying is very much in line with The Clash's ethos and I think the band's surviving members have all spoke glowingly about it.
>>
>her best song is literally just The Clash's Straight to Hell with her saying MONEY MONEY MONEY over the top of it

>wonder why she doesn't have any other good songs

This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>61207987
Fuck you kolbasa nigger.
>>
fuck man indian/pakistani girls are so fucking disgusting
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.