[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people in this board who think this is a conventional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 71nFZNXN5ML._SL1300_.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
71nFZNXN5ML._SL1300_.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1300
>there are people in this board who think this is a conventional pop album and discredit it for being too accessible

L E A R N M U S I C
E
A
R
N

M
U
S
I
C
>>
My heart belongs to rock music. I love the sound of the electric guitar. But while I'd prefer rock music to artful, melodic pop at any day, most pop music wasn't made by Brian Wilson.

It's neither the most sophisticated album ever made, nor the saddest, nor the happiest, nor the craziest, nor the wackiest, nor the most intelligent one, the most hard-hitting one, the most down-to-earth one, but it all doesn't matter because it's Pet Sounds. And there is only one Pet Sounds. It's the most Pet Sounds album. So what even is Pet Sounds? Pet Sounds isn't just an album, it's a philosophy of music. That all music is part of the vibrations of the universe. The album dig for it, and Brian Wilson proceeded to dig even deeper for the vibrations and went insane, as if it was prove that he was bullseye on the right track to musical perfection. He tied everything together on the album, a cosmic session for the coming-of age of a young artist, who only wanted to bring joy to all humans and was rewarded with pain.

I do not owe you anything when I proclaim Pet Sounds as the best album ever. You either believe me, or you don't. And what ultimately only matters is that people feel the same profound satisfaction from listening to it like I do, not that they accept my irrelevant opinion. I dream of a world in which all people band together, regardless of color, religious belief, philosophical opinions, nationality, diet, clothing, sexual preference, or favorite tv channel, or favorite album, that we will all band together and find the beauty in the music of Brian Wilson.
>>
>>61204045
nice pasta!! xD
well meme'd bud
>>
>There are people on this board that think this is the greatest album ever made just because they watched Love and Mercy

wew lad
>>
>>61204092
is that a good film or would i just be wasting my time?
>>
>>61204192
I liked it.
>>
>>61204216
maybe ill check it out tripfriend
>>
I love it but shit like this makes it overrated.
I think Brian Wilson's "genius" is just a culture within itself, not even Van Dyke calls Brian a genius!
>>
I like Smiley Smile better.
>>
>>61204192
the young Brian parts are great, the older Brian parts are kind of sappy but still pretty good
>>
>>61204972
>genius
he dropped a very good album
that's about it
>>
>>61205940
>DON'T YOU THINK YOU'RE GOD
>>
>>61204192
Young Brian was great, old Brian was overdramatic and boring
>>
File: The Beach Boys (7.5).png (71 KB, 481x613) Image search: [Google]
The Beach Boys (7.5).png
71 KB, 481x613
>>
>>61204016
It is too accessible.
>>
>>61209109
>comparing older music to contemporary music and using it as a reason to dislike it
wew
>>
Beach Boys are great but people on this board ride their dick so much its annoying
>>
File: theboys.jpg (250 KB, 665x394) Image search: [Google]
theboys.jpg
250 KB, 665x394
>>61206988
i think the word genius gets over glorified, genius is something achievable by any human on the planet, genius is basically a medal for coming first in an intellectual race, it is a deserved recognition for time efficiency and work ethic. Were talking abut tangible things, not men walking on water. (and yes thoughts are tangible, all provided by the real radiance of the cosmos)
>>
>>61209033
>old Brian was overdramatic
Dunno how you could think that character was ever over dramatic
>>
Pet Sounds is perhaps the most overrated album ever. It’s a good album, with three incredible songs that are among their best; “God Only Knows,” “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” and “Sloop John B.” “I Know There’s An Answer” almost reaches that level, as does “You Still Believe In Me.” But that’s it. It’s not that the remainder of the songs are poor, it’s just that they’re not all that incredible. Combining that with the somewhat baroque production, you’ve got a very good but very flawed album.

What accounts for the lionization of Pet Sounds? For starters, there’s the story of Brian Wilson, the tortured artiste who battled his own demons and his own band (Mike Love fought him all the way on it) in making the record. Then, after producing Pet Sounds, he finally cracked up, a victim of too many drugs and trying to top Sgt. Pepper. It’s the kind of stuff that myths are made of, and it’s an irresistible story line. Secondly, there are Wilson’s production skills – which have been blown all out of proportion. (Wilson’s true production moment of genius was “Good Vibrations.”) Brian Wilson was a great producer, but listening to Pet Sounds you hear the heavy influence of the true master producer of the era – Phil Spector. Wilson literally worshipped Spector and learned everything from him. Reading lots of the over the top rubbish about the production on Pet Sounds, where Spector’s name is barely ever mentioned, you come to realize that there are a lot of people in the world who no clue as to Spector’s influence on Wilson. (The Wrecking Crew, Spector’s house band, played on many Beach Boys’ songs). And finally, the record was a (relative) commercial failure at upon release. So then the narrative becomes the misunderstood genius that is underappreciated after he becomes a “serious artist.” If you were going to write a indie rock biblical fable, it doesn’t get any better than that.
>>
>>61209813
i looked him up on wiki, beach boys arent even mentioned in his associated acts kek
>>
>>61209813
lmao i googled this and found the source blog. the autist actually defends his shitty opinions in the comments.
>>
>>61210349
i found it too lmao
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.