[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So today at work I tried to listen to Kendrick Lamar's To
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2ggGoYm.jpg (185 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2ggGoYm.jpg
185 KB, 1024x768
So today at work I tried to listen to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly.

I thought it was fucking horrible, every song to me was a fucking CHORE to listen to, I felt myself getting angry at how fucking bad it was. I listen to a lot of genres hip hop probably being my favorite but this is just fucking garbage, do I just have a horrible taste in music or is the album actually bad?
>>
You just have a terrible taste in music.
>>
>>61199515
Ok thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: 1423581901977.jpg (66 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
1423581901977.jpg
66 KB, 300x288
>>61199515
cuckold
>>
What hip hop albums do you listen to
>>
>>61199532
My top 5 most played hip hop albums are these.

1. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
2. MF Doom - Operation: Doomsday
3. MF Doom - MM.. Food?
4. Madvillain - Madvillainy
5. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
>>
>>61199560
Okay, so very different stuff from Kendrick Lamar, who is a top 40 rapper. You essentially like backpack rap and maybe some classic hip hop. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that, I'm there too, my favorite rapper is Aesop Rock.

But why are you starting another thread complaining about a rapper who makes music you might have guessed you wouldn't enjoy anyway? Because some shitty websites said it was a good album and you need to prove them wrong?

Personally I really liked TPAB, but that's totally besides the point, because we're just talking about one album released this year out of thousands. It got more press and was marketed harder than the majority, but that's just what happens with pop musicians. There's no reason to be this bitter about it (and I'm speaking to all of /mu/ that gets so enraged about this stuff). Just disconnect yourself from these shitty sites for a while and listen to the music without letting the context be decided by obnoxious overpaid hipsters. If you did that, this would just be another release this year you weren't really into and you could move on without being upset about it.
>>
>>61199672
this so much
>>
Is this the OG thread or the clone or is it all a meme?
>>
>>61199560
holy moly this is the most reddit list I've ever seen
>>
I'm not a fan of Jazz Fusion music so didnt like any instrumental on the entire album and am not a black american male so couldnt relate at all to the subject matter. Following up from GKMC one of the most disappointing albums/moments of my entire life was the fist listen of tpab.
>>
>>61199999
Nice digits
>>
>>61199999
Quints guy is a cuck
>>
>>61200040
OMG LOL WHAT A GREAT MEMEMEME
>>
>>61199999
quints dont lie you faggots
>>
Memey
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.