[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: meme guitar.jpg (139 KB, 960x497) Image search: [Google]
meme guitar.jpg
139 KB, 960x497
What's the difference?
>>
one of them has made a few of the greatest albums of all time
>>
They're both similar in the fact that they're both shitty musicians and cunts, other than that they're probably very different
>>
>>61197438
St Vincent is middling to okay.

Joni Mitchell is one of the greatest musicians and poets to ever grace the earth.

Those are obvious differences anon.
>>
one of them kind of looks like Taylor Swift, one doesn't
>>
File: 1443665149582.jpg (23 KB, 292x261) Image search: [Google]
1443665149582.jpg
23 KB, 292x261
>>61197717
>greatest musicians and poets to ever grace the earth.
>not Kendrick
f a g g o t
a
g
g
o
t
>>
>>61197740
weak
>>
I do not like Joni's lyrics, and I am sharing my opinion unsolicited on 4chan.
>>
>>61197870
Really? I think they're some of my favorites.
>>
i don't really understand the comparison
as far as i can think of, they have literally nothing in common beyond both being women who make music
if we were to sit here and discuss the differences between them we'd be here all day
>>
File: 1449643784425.png (134 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
1449643784425.png
134 KB, 376x500
>>61197740
Reminder, that there are people posting on /mu/ that literally think this.
>>
>>61197454
You mean St. Vincent. Joni made the same kinda boring albums over and over again. St. Vincent is way more experimental and creative; she's also a mean guitarist.
>>
>>61197717
>Joni Mitchell is one of the greatest musicians and poets to ever grace the earth.
You're reciting the stuff the media machine fed you
>>
>>61198395
please be bait, I could not stand sharing a board with someone so ignorant
>>
>>61198672
>not agreeing with someone's opinion
>that someone must be ignorant
Really?
>>
>>61198672
he's been doing this in a whole bunch of threads, i heard talk around the campfire that he's doing it deliberately in the hopes that people will associate blind ignorance with annie's fanbase and that will make everyone hate her
idk there's strange people on this site but the point is that it is bait, yes
>>
>>61198757
You clearly haven't listened to her albums if you think Joni Mitchell did the same "boring" albums over and over again, she's had a far wider variety of music than Annie. You also must not listen to a lot of music if you think she's creative and Mitchell isn't

>>61198777
that sounds about right
nice digits btw
>>
>>61198788
Then post two of her most different songs.
>>
>>61198805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpFudDAYqxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxC7IAV1H7g

I know this is bait but hey, maybe someone who doesn't listen to her music will listen to these and be enlightened
>>
>>61198958
You're wasting your time with St Vincent fag, he literally thinks St Vincent is the greatest female musician ever.
>>
>>61198958
Except that distorted guitar in the second one, they're kinda the same. Almost the same kind of singing.

Compare them with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1LHX5chlH0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdARF4rGcQ
>>
>>61198967
>he literally thinks St Vincent is the greatest female musician ever.
I actually don't.
>>
Joni Mitchell has better lyrics and a better ear for melody, but I mean, she's got that on a lot of people, including Bob Dylan and even Leonard Cohen.

St. Vincent is talented; like, I don't shit on her. But she's not in the same league, and I think she would be one of the first to acknowledge that.

She does have Joni Mitchell (barely) beat on technical guitar skill. Neither one of them is a slouch.
>>
>>61199099
this pretty much, but i'd Clark's melodies are just as nice but maybe not as varied, and Mitchell certainly did more interesting things on guitar for the times, alternative tunings and whatnot/

>>61199071
are you tone deaf?
>>
>>61199099
Then why Joni's music is so dull and lifeless? No energy. It's just there.

St. Vincent's music is way more energetic and intense.

>She does have Joni Mitchell (barely) beat on technical guitar skill.
You must be kidding. Joni never did some of the experimental guitar playing that Annie did. Maybe you should watch some St. Vincent concerts to see what I mean.
>>
>>61199159
>are you tone deaf?
No. I really don't see anything spectacular on these kinda similar tunes. Just ordinary folk/rock.
>>
Does Joni have a more beautiful song than St. Vincent - The Bed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h114NAhiZcE
>>
>>61199194
>Joni never did some of the experimental guitar playing that Annie did

You best be baiting son. Joni was the OG of experimental guitar playing by a female.
>>
>>61199206
yes you are. well I'm done, I guess I got baited pretty hard today didn't I?
>>
St Vincient all sucks
Most of Mitchell's work sucks
>>
File: joni-mitchell_blue.jpg (102 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
joni-mitchell_blue.jpg
102 KB, 800x800
>>61199237
every song off of Blue
>>
>>61199241
What experimental are are you talking about? Her guitar sounds almost the same on every song.

Mention her most experimental song then.
>>
>>61199243
>I guess I got baited pretty hard today didn't I?
No. But stop putting Joni Mitchell on a pedestal and stop acting like criticising her music is a taboo. She's not immune to criticism.
>>
>>61199325
T O N E D E A F
F T O N E D E A
A F T O N E D E
E A F T O N E D
D E A F T O N E
>>
>>61199248
Now this is the real b8
>>
>>61199366
Weak trolling t.b.h.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsrFMsuSyII

This always moves me. Joni is simply fantastic.
>>
>>61199398
hey man can you adopt a tripcode so everyone else can filter you? I even have the trip you could use, "Tone deaf teenager"
>>
>>61199325
Her hands were fucked up (arthritis or polio?) So she experimented with different tunings. It's not something you can hear, but if you studied instead shitposting, you would know that.
>>
>>61197438
One is qt and the other isn't.
>>
>>61197438
they both aren't really good and kinda ugly but i'd rather listen to Joni Mitchell
>>
>>61199374
I'll admit I haven't listened to all of Mitchell's stuff but St. Vincent is terrible
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.