[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Post-Punk revival actually a thing? Because the more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Was the Post-Punk revival actually a thing? Because the more I think about it the more I realize most of the bands in that "movement" had no sonic similarities.
>>
>>61195564
I'm pretty sure It's Spingo Blink
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9f38xzgJvQ
>>
I have no clue why it got dubbed "post-punk" in the first place.
>>
>>61195564
Arctic Monkeys never were a post-punk band
Whatever People Say is a garage rock/indie rock album
>>
>>61195586
a lot if not all seminal members came from punk bands

sex pistols > pil
warsaw > joy division

or the band itself transitioned e.g. wire
>>
>>61195623
think he was saying he doesn't understand the connection between that stuff and what came to be labeled 'post-punk revival'
>>
>>61195666
>in the first place.
well this strongly indicates otherwise
>>
>>61195688
i mean it's a thread specifically about 'post-punk revival' so it makes sense he'd be questioning the etymology of 'post-punk revival'

but hey, maybe you were right
>>
>>61195606
this
>>
I think it's bs to call something released 30 years after the 80s "post-punk"
>>
>>61195586
Post-post punk?
>>
>>61195781
why? nothing about post-punk means it has to be from the 80s
>>
>>61195586
That happens with every label bands get, indie, grunge, britpop, all because of lazy journalist who don't want to describe a bands sound and just go "yeah, they sound really...eh... post.. punk... eh.. REVIVAL! yeah, that. what? they sound more like the Buzzcocks than post punk? who gives a shit!? in 7 years we're not gonna give a fuck about any of these bands".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.