[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the diffetence betweem Indie Rock and Alternative Rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1449885982232.jpg (66 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
1449885982232.jpg
66 KB, 605x605
Whats the diffetence betweem Indie Rock and Alternative Rock?
>>
>>61195345
SPINGO BLINK
>>
>>61195352
This.
>>
>>61195352
THE MADMAN
>>
>>61195352
This
>>
>>61195352
This
>>
>>61195352
This
>>
>>61195352
>>61195364
>>61195370
>>61195383
>>61195430
Top shitpost
>>
>>61195352
>>61195364
>>61195364
>>61195370
>>61195374
>>61195383
>>61195430
/mu/ is the new /tv/, ffs.

There isn't really a difference OP.
Indie tends to be slightly more quirky compared to alternative, and alternative tends to be slightly more "rollicking."
If you know what I mean
>>
Indie rock used to mean alt rock music played by independent artists on an independent label, independently making their own music. Now the term has been hijacked by record companies in order to appeal to pretentious youngsters and hipsters. Like when Republicans wanted le interwebz to appeal to their campaign by posting memes that didn't make any goddamn sense.

The term "indie music" no longer holds any value. Anybody still using it to describe any sort of contemporary music is an asshole.
>>
>>61195345
The difference is like that of handmade cigars vs. machine made, only the machine made taste better.

Indie rock: Independant alternative/College rock, that's the handmade, or DIY. Generally doesn't get much airplay (at least back then). Has a similar flavor to regular alternative, but can be characterized as dry, dull, and more recently, pretentiously vapid.

Alternative: A much broader term for "different" sounding rock that's unlike pop, metal, or in the 80s, New Wave. Alternative covers indie, gothic, shoegaze, Neo-psychedelia, and so on. As such, the quality and overall sound is more diverse, but they both came around the same time.
>>
>>61195466
Sorry I'm the guy who made the meme
I didn't know it would catch on
I will be more careful next time
Thanks for all the support, guys
>>
there are about 10 good alternative rock albums, and there is only one good indie rock album
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.