[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of The White Stripes? >mfw I realized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: white stripes.jpg (20 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
white stripes.jpg
20 KB, 399x400
What do you guys think of The White Stripes?

>mfw I realized punk blues is an actual thing
>>
I like it.
>>
S'aight
>>
It's good ... except for the tracks where Meg sings.
>>
>>61189791
knock knock
>>
Love them.
>>
punk blues is a thing since the 1970s you plen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4qbwLEkD_g
>>
they're great, Elephant was a big album in my musical development

people like to poo poo them because Jack is a meme but they never put out a bad album even while changing their sound
>>
>>61189791
Theyre fucking awesome straight up rock. Their live shit is the best, especially under blackpool lights
>>
>>61190499
heres more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSvyU7flL2E
>>
Still my favorite band
>>
>>61189791
DUN DUHDUHDUHDUHDUH duh
>>
>>61193717
I'M GONNA FIGHT EM OFF
>>
>>61193792
I'M BOUND TO PACK IT UP
>>
>>61189848
>>>61189847
Not liking "In the Cold, Cold Night"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x67fEYiXvI

best track
>>
i really enjoyed it for a time, but i found it only had so much listenability over a period of time.... maybe ill revisit in a few years, but theyre all solid tracks.
>>
Meg should have stuck to sex tapes.
>>
>>61194733
what
>>
>>61189791
Are there any more bands like them, except better?
>>
File: 1419207483742.jpg (73 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1419207483742.jpg
73 KB, 500x351
>>61194763
wait

you haven't seen the Meg White sex tape?
>>
>>61194803
oh god brb
>>
>>61194875
be warned, friend. It's kind of disappointing.
>>
>>61194894
I kinda don't wanna watch it cause I'd feel bad and I have too much respect for her, but I'm wondering, who is the dude in the video?
>>
>>61194803
I think they cancelled a few shows due to it releasing.

>>61194933
I dunno, probably Jack.
>>
>>61194933
its not real man
>>
You could check out the black keys, queens of the stone age, eagles of death metal, Gary Clark Jr. Id say they're all along the same lines but I'd take any of them over the stripes most days
>>
>>61194968
Do you mean it's not real as in, it's not really her? Cause there is a supposed tape out there.
>>
>>61194960
They cancelled a whole UK tour just after it released.

>>61194968
It seems pretty convincing to me.
>>
White Stripes are good. Some albums are great while some are mediocre.
>>
It def looks like her but im almost positive it isnt.
>>
Great band still my favorite. De Stijl is their best album though.
>>
>>61195173
I agree. Love the white stripes and De Stijl is my favorite. Favorite song would have to be apple blossom or truth doesn't make a noise.
>>
>>61189791
The music is enjoyable. Nothing special. Some good shit for a good time, but not much of an experience. Although I really like the fact that they showed how much you could do with minimal equipment. Just a guitar and drum kit. Simple, but raw.

Also, Meg White is a shit drummer and singer, but Jack should be the main focus if you're listening to their music.

>>61190508
Get Behind Me Satan sucked balls. Lame as fuck.
>>
>>61195221
bite your tongue, it was a good album. It was the least gritty, but was still packed with good tunes.
>>
>>61194983
Kill yourself you tasteless faggot
>>
>>61189791
One of my all time favs desu, probably will end up being considered one of the "classics" of the time, probably on a scale of like, The Doors or some shit.

Love their simplicity and energy, and variety of songs.
>>
>>61196446
Fuck off, queens of the Stone Age are GOAT popular modern rock

I agree with >>61194983 when it comes to just fun, punk blues EODM > white stripes, at least the eagles of death metal's first album.
>>
>>61189791
White Blood Cells is the only album I've listened to by them, thought it was decent but there was a clear quality gap between the singles and the filler.
>>
can't believe this thread is still here
>>
>>61189791
De Stijl is a dope album, but I could do without a lot of their newer stuff
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.