[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
_
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: kida.jpg (7 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
kida.jpg
7 KB, 160x160
>>
This is the album that I can never love. At times I've hated it, but I can't deny its beauty.
>>
>>61188633
Why did you hated Kid A?
>>
File: radiohead.jpg (10 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
10 KB, 151x151
>>
I've listened to KID A and OK Computer yet I can't decide on which is better.

Help me sway a bit, /mu/.
>>
radiohead
>>
>>61188656
I hated it because of how cold and robotic it is. OK Computer at least had some warm, uplifting moments to it. Kid A is really just relentlessly dark. It's hard to enjoy it. I can at least appreciate it, though.
>>
He also forgot Amnesiac.
>>
File: Radiohead.amnesiac.albumart.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.amnesiac.albumart.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>
Test
>>
thom yorke of radiohead
>>
1. Kid A
2. Everything In Its Right Place
3. How To Disappear Completely
4. Optimistic
5. The National Anthem
6. In Limbo
7. Idioteque
8. Treefingers
9. Morning Bell
10. Motion Picture Soundtrack

The demo version of MPS was better IMO.
>>
Serious question for everyone in this thread:

Have you ever posted in another thread identical to this one? I feel like every time I come to mu, this same thread is going on and people are responding.
For the record I've listened to all the radiohead albums (apart from the bends, don't like it) multiple times.

Am I going insane? The meme has gone too far... p- please stop...
>>
>>61188975

Why don't you like The Bends? It's Pablo Honey but better in every conceivable way and with much better guitar effects.
>>
penis
>>
>>61188696

>Kid A is really just relentlessly dark.

I felt Amnesiac and especially HTTT were darker still affairs.
>>
>>61188964
How To Disappear Completely
Everything In Its Right Place
The National Anthem
Kid A
Idioteque
Optimistic
Treefingers
In Limbo
Morning Bell
Motion Picture Soundtrack
>>
>>61188681
Listen to In Rainbows and realize that its better than both
>>
>>61189057

Nah. The synthesis of rock and electronic elements was perfected here but I much prefer Thom when he has a stick up his ass about something. IR's a really laid-back sounding album by their standards.
>>
>>61189001
The lyrics, mainly. I completely agree with you on the effects part. There are some superb songs on that album.
overall all the things that get tediously spelled out to the listener song after song always disturb me so I go listen to OKC instead
>>
>>61189157

I can see that. For that reason I consider it the band's most down-to-earth album, the kind of album you listen to after a shitty day to feel less like you're the only one who had a shitty day.
>>
>>61189116
Huh I've felt that way but never known how to describe it. OK Computer is both addicting and annoying, and Kid A is very pure but too off-centre to be a favourite.
>>
my favorite by far. fantastic ambiance: foggy, muted, feels a bit unwell. has their best song (idioteque) and a bunch of other bangers.

easily the most cohesive radiohead record as well. almost perfectly proportioned and rounded. ok computer was building up to this and every radiohead record since sounds disjointed in comparison.

amnesiac is second best.
>>
File: merkat.jpg (12 KB, 236x337) Image search: [Google]
merkat.jpg
12 KB, 236x337
Which Radiohead song is the most Matt Bellamy?
>>
>>61190695
>>61192118
Surely Electioneering
>>
>>61190695
[spoiler]Creep[/spoiler]
>>
>>61190695
Exit Music (For a Film)
>>
File: IMG_20151221_180451.jpg (326 KB, 1328x1645) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_180451.jpg
326 KB, 1328x1645
>>61188604
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.