[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you promote your music legitimately and without pushing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: frustrated poo.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
frustrated poo.png
107 KB, 320x287
How do you promote your music legitimately and without pushing it into people's faces?
>>
>>61186967
you dont need to promote it.
put it on bandcamp. if it is not shit people will recommend it and spread the word, if it is shit it will deservedly be forgotten
>>
>>61187014
Do people even listen to new bandcamp/soundcloud projects with no support?
>>
>>61186967
its pretty much impossible. Try to play it down a bit, put it out there but dont force people to listen to because that only makes them view it more critically, post it on bandcamp, in bandcamp threads, soundcloud, facebook, show it to friends and ask what they think, play at bars etc. A lot of the music industry if you want "make it" is about marketing and your image
>>
>>61187081
yeah. but if nobody really has been downloading or viewing your stuff post in a bandcamp thread every now and then
>>
for one thing, make it as easy as possible to find and listen to
it should be on at LEAST soundcloud, bandcamp and youtube
>>
>>61187081
some will, if they hear about it. recognition is definitely an exponential type of thing. it's not too hard to get a handful of people to give one of your records a chance without compromising your integrity/dignity.
>>
Buy promotion. Don't leave something you want to pursue up to chance.
>>
>>61187228
shut up
>>
>>61187228
Sounds like awful advice
>>
maybe try playing live more?
>>
>>61186967
if you use Soundcloud, leave comments on everyone you listen to with your honest thoughts. It's musicians giving musicians critiques, so it's never bad to offer an opinion

also just go to shows and network. Even /mu/ offers sweet network possibilities. I've friended people and follow several /mu/tant's and their projects in my time
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.