[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>almost 2016 >still reading pitchfork AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (55 KB, 578x349) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55 KB, 578x349
>almost 2016
>still reading pitchfork
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>61182483
i looked at the article and holy shit it's one of the worst things i've ever seen on that site.

they're a sinking ship and they know it. nobody can take them seriously anymore.
>>
>>61182483
Are they officially Kotaku-tier now?
>>
>>61182678
i don't even know what that is
>>
>>61182483
I don't get why some people start their laughing with A instead of H
>>
>>61182660
the fact that anyone started taking them seriously in the first place is baffling.
>>
>>61182709
well dude, they DID have some real awesome features and interviews just a few years ago before they became obviously controlled by corporate. their interviews with Four Tet and OPN from a few years back are some of my favorite interviews ever, they did have some nice content and they were undeniably influential. they just became unbelievably shitty this year. probably due to conde nast buying tem.
>>
>>61182483
this is literally of the same level of quality as a buzzfeed article

if anyone on here defends this shit, you are the bottom of the barrel
>>
>>61182701
What're you talkign about

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1F58TRxhwoq
>>
my sides
>>
As someone who has followed Pitchfork for 13+ years, this demise honestly makes me sad. They were a big part of shaping my music tastes as a young sheltered teen in the early 2000s and they were undeniably influential in my college years. They introduced me and my friends to a lot of music we wouldn't have heard otherwise. Suck to see them go the Buzzfeed and Rolling Stone route but it was inevitable.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS HOPSIN ?
>>
>>61182696
Just some faggot gator from /v/, ignore him.
>>
All the sites I used to get music from are 100% SJW/DUDE PEOPLE OF COLOUR MAKE THE BEST MUSIC LMAO now.

Pitchfork used to turn me on to a lot of a great music, with some genuinely decent hip-hop mixed in when deserved.

Now it's like all fucking meme rap/nu-r&b/pop with maybe a handful of actually good songs mixed in
>>
>>61184525
>make one negative mention of kotaku
>instantly pull the gamergate card

how much is kotaku paying you?
>>
>>61182678
It's safe to say.
>>
>>61185120
>>61184525
>>61182678
gamerfags please leave no one likes you
>>
>>61185120
You're not helping your case, Gator.

Fuck off. I don't give a shit about kotaku or your shitty vidya games journalist ethics or whatever you call your harassment these days.
>>
Can we start sucking some other website's cock now
>>
>>61185231
>I don't care about it, but I do get bent out of shape when somebody mentions it
>>
>/mu/
> a meme infested shithole
>complains about memes
>>
>>61185112
yummy white tears
>>
are they bellow nme now
>>
>>61185524
Says the faggot who shoehorns video game "ethics" into every thread he can.

Don't you get it, we don't want to talk about Kotaku or Anita or whatever the fuck triggers you.
>>
>>61185647
Different guy here. Never gave a shit about any gamergate stuff but their content is garbage
>>
>>61185304
TMT
>>
>>61185304
Marcel is our new god.
>>
>>61185730
Was it Tiny Mix Tapes that wrote an article critical of RTJ2? Say what you want about the "feminist" slant of the article, but at least they had the balls to go after a poptimist critics darling.
>>
any recs for music websites that aren't pitchfork?
>>
>>61185848
>RTJ
>poptimist critics darling

You're just spouting buzzwords
>>
>>61185848
Marcel panned TPAB while TMT gave it 10/10 like every other site.
>>
>>61185875
How so?

>>61185941
Serious question: Did any major publication give TPAB anything lower than a 7?
>>
>>61185987
checked Metacritic and nope. looks like the lowest was a fucking 8/10.
>>
>>61186110
that's insane. not even talking trash about TPAB, but the fact that not a single notable publication gave it a low rating looks real fishy. someone's gotta call out this shit eventually
>>
how many publications have given DSOTM a low rating? where do you draw the line between conspiracy and critical consensus?
>>
File: 3775366_300x300.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3775366_300x300.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>61186259
>how many publications have given DSOTM a low rating?
>>
>>61185647
>All the sites I used to get music from are 100% SJW/DUDE PEOPLE OF COLOUR MAKE THE BEST MUSIC LMAO now.

Different guy as well, but I think you're making a lot of assumptions and sperging out just a bit too hard.
>>
>>61186183
I don't think it's fishy in the sense of any sort of conspiracy or paid reviews or anything like that, I think it's just the trend of poptimism. Certain artists are anointed critical darlings (sometimes before their albums come out) and going against the grain will attract a lot of negative attention. I could seriously see people criticizing a negative review of TPAB as being "racist" or just talking about how they "don't get it" and they're not with the times, or something. It's not much different from the "right generationers" on /mu/ who insult people who dare criticize modern pop music.

>>61186259
Honestly, I think this is why poptimism became a thing. Certain rock acts were also untouchable, but to me poptimism is just the opposite extreme.
>>
File: Holdingheadwhilelaughing.png (78 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
Holdingheadwhilelaughing.png
78 KB, 247x248
>>61182483
WTF ..... R.I.P.
>>
File: 1423952516201 - copia.jpg (338 KB, 799x872) Image search: [Google]
1423952516201 - copia.jpg
338 KB, 799x872
>>61182483
>>61182483
I dont get it..
?
>>
>>61186334
Wrong post/quote friend.
>>
>>61186183
>>61186341
this makes sense why Marcel would be literally the only critic to pan it -- because he doesn't accept cash for reviews and is against the whole "corporate operation" etc. fishy indeed.
>>
>>61186183
>. not even talking trash about TPAB, but the fact that not a single notable publication gave it a low rating looks real fishy. someone's gotta call out this shit eventually

>>61186518
>>61186183
>that's insane. not even talking trash about TPAB, but the fact that not a single notable publication gave it a low rating looks real fishy. someone's gotta call out this shit eventually
>>61186341
>I don't think it's fishy in the sense of any sort of conspiracy or paid reviews or anything like that, I think it's just the trend of poptimism. Certain artists are anointed critical darlings (sometimes before their albums come out) and going against the grain will attract a lot of negative attention. I could seriously see people criticizing a negative review of TPAB as being "racist" or just talking about how they "don't get it" and they're not with the times, or something. It's not much different from the "right generationers" on /mu/ who insult people who dare criticize modern pop music.
>>61186341
>Honestly, I think this is why poptimism became a thing. Certain rock acts were also untouchable, but to me poptimism is just the opposite extreme.

>Marcel would be literally the only critic to pan it -- because he doesn't accept cash for reviews and is against the whole "corporate operation" etc. fishy indeed

Exactly mates! Don't forget the Record Label thing!, the record label, TDE/Aftermath Entertainment/Interscope Records/ does/did the most of things, including promotion/payola and shit.
>>
>>61186334
"Nowhere is Blackness more front and center than on the album’s second single, "The Blacker the Berry". It was the song that most clearly announced Kendrick's lack of fucks about the comfort of his white audience...All of this Blackness is important. Important because sometimes white people need to take a metaphorical seat—to sit down, shut up, and listen to conversations in which they are a cultural object, not the center. This is not an easy task. White people have been way too comfortable for way too long in this country, in this world. Way too comfortable with the way they choose to see reality solely through their own gaze, way too comfortable with their sense of entitlement over the planet and its resources, way too comfortable with their appropriation of culture in ways large and small, way too comfortable with the stories they tell, the lies passed off as the history of mankind. Way too comfortable with the things they pick up, way too careless with the way they put them down. But Kendrick was willing to discomfort the comfortable"

I mean, I'm pretty moderate when it comes to black folk and everything - I take people as they come - but this seemed to take an odd turn - but I
>>
File: cover.jpg (6 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
6 KB, 210x210
p4k death when?
>>
>>61186332
6.5 is not low you dipshit

Go back to your memerap website where everything below 9.2 is a pan
>>
>>61182678
I'd go a step further and say this is Buzzfeed-tier
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.