[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name artists that for you are better than The Beatles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: R-1414632-1223244717.jpg (262 KB, 593x600) Image search: [Google]
R-1414632-1223244717.jpg
262 KB, 593x600
Name artists that for you are better than The Beatles.
>>
Oasis and Bleach-era Nirvana
>>
Joe Meek, Alfredo Zitarrosa, Solar Fields, Negativland, El Polen
You know the stuff
>>
Op's pic related
Tom Waits
Hendrix
Animal Collective
The Velvet Underground

Everyone says the beatles are the most influential but I honestly think that Jimi inspired a lot more people that are worth listening to

Same with tvu and the beach boys

Animal collective is too young in their career to have influenced anyone just yet
>>
that cover is hilarious
>>
>>61181811
Do you seriously think that AnCo is better than The Beatles?
>>
In popular music? Throbbing Gristle.
>>
-Pink Floyd
-Velvet Underground
-Captain Beefheart
-Zappa
>>
>>61181751
Someone make a reaction image out of Brian's face.
>>
>>61181811
Bob Dylan's pretty obviously the most influential rock artist imo. TVU, Hendrix and The Beatles are all among those he influenced for example.
>>
>>61181844
Yes, if not on par with them

The beatles and anco are both mainstream bands, but anco has pushed the envelope a lot more and has a more varied discography than the beatles while keeping that mainstream success.
>>
>>61181944
How did you find 4chan if you don't know how to crop a photo? How did you even turn your computer on?
>>
>>61181971
Yeah, you're right. I guess I just didn't put him on there because I've never been a huge fan. Just not super into that style of music in general though.
>>
>>61181976
Mainstream is relative. AnCo is nowhere near as mainstream The Beatles were at any point of their career.
>>
>>61181983
I can do it. I'm just lazy.
Also, eat a dick.
>>
No such thing.

>>61181811
ayy lmao
>>
Death Grips
>>
Sikth.
>>
File: LMFAO-on-stage-shirtless.jpg (19 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
LMFAO-on-stage-shirtless.jpg
19 KB, 600x450
>>61182192
A Y Y L M F A O
K Y S T B H F A M
>>
>>61181996
You're definitely right, but for any band that actually matters and is making any kind of impact, they don't really have the chance to reach that height.

Music has become a lot more commercial since then (Don't spam me with "Lewronggenerations" pls. I feel like that's an honest opinion to have). And not only that but the beatles actually started out commercial successful because they were THE boy band at the time. I feel like the only reason they remained relevant later on in their careers is because of their committed fanbase, the god-tier marketing team they had from their boyband days, and the constant controversy that surrounded them for their careers due to the ultra-conservative USA at the time.

Bands like anco don't have the chance for that. They aren't doing anything outright controversial with their looks or anything, they're not upsetting anyone, they don't have (or want, i guess) have the marketing team that the beatles had, and since their discography is diverse and everyone wants something different from whatever album is coming out next they don't have the full support of their fanbase all the time.

The only way I think if someone could reach the height that the Beatles reached is if someone like 1D decided to make actually good, experimental music that went along with whatever movement is happening at the time and people actually appreciated it. They would have all the support they needed.

But until then no one has even a little bit of a chance to be as successful as the beatles were. So I feel like comparing the mainstream success of the two and saying that I shouldn't use it as a quality of anco because "mainstream is relative" is a bit unfair because they literally don't have the slightest chance to reach that popularity. It's something out of their control.
>>
>>61181776
the only answer that isn't boring and predictable so far.
>>
Bowie
>>
>>61181811
Without the Beatles, King Crimson & Can would not exist
>>
Beatles had a cultural impact first, musical impact secondly.
>>
>>61181751
Hendrix,Dylan, Muddy waters, Dick dale, hell fucking zeppelin was better than those hacks
>>
>>61182799
How does that make The Beatles better in their own right?
>>
File: 1448507515383.jpg (17 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1448507515383.jpg
17 KB, 599x337
>>61181771
>>
>>61181751
Moody Blues
>>
>>61182843
Yeah and what really bothers me is the fact these fuckers are revered as gods when all they were was some shitty pop group that sold a lot of records to teenage girls and people still have the fucking audacity to call them the "greatest rock band ever" when they fucking weren't, theyre as rock and roll as as a taiwanese hooker playing and acoustic cover of wonder wall on karaoke night. They dont deserve to be fucking spoken of, bunch of overrated faggots
>>
>>61181976
>pushed the envelope a lot more
Baiting or retarded. Anco have never released a song as influential or revolutionary as these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3NcwfOBzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP82hSD_BXU
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.