[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post cringeworthy reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
Can this be topped?
>>
i dont see what's wrong with that. Well constructed review with a strong point.

Is op just a cuck?
>>
just look at RYM or any university/high school newspaper.
>>
File: wat.png (304 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
304 KB, 1000x1000
All of these.
>>
File: Capture.png (137 KB, 1010x906) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
137 KB, 1010x906
>>61180986
easily
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 683x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 683x641
posting a classic here

>>61180986
I majorly disagree with that score , but I think the review is decently written

>>61181042
probably

>>61181063
>common sense media

>>61181070
ok, you win
>>
>>61181070

bruh
>>
Ian Cohen gave a really shit review to Future Of The Left once and was promptly BTFO by Andy Falkous
>>
>>61181070
Jesus, that belongs on a fanfiction website or some shit.
>>
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
>>61180986
how did that writer find employment, holy shit
>>
>>61181050
I love RYM reviews. They're the only ones I read.
>>
>>61181070
>Joanna Newsom fans
goddamn how does that have so many upboats ot whatever it's called
>>
>>61181383
/r/music is the cancer of an already cancerous website
>>
>>61180986
gotta be from nme
>>
>>61180986
p4k writers regularly write worse stuff than this
>>
anything from p4k is abysmal
>>
>>61181451

No one reads p4k though
>>
>>61181070
Why did they even accept that "review"? Why does it have 63 upboats? Why wasn't he banned or at least have his account suspended?
>>
>>61181070
sort of reminds me of this:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/leigh-alexander/2011/03/an-overly-intense-track-by-track-analysis-of-the-first-cd-of-joanna-newsoms-have-one-on-me/
>>
Has Pitchfork ever published anything that isn't cringeworthy as fuck?
>>
>>61181070
>rym autists
>>
>>61181492

that aint that bad tho
>>
>>61181474
No unfortunately people do, even people on /mu/
>>
>>61181383
>that lowkey nazi sympathising
>>
>>61181492
pitchfork knows you just want to jerk yourself off to positive advertorial about music you already own and like so they just go all out as a policy
>>
>>61181310
Kek I remember that

http://futureoftheleftv2now.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/based-on-novel-of-same-name.html
>>
File: 1449267990076.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449267990076.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>61181383
>And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler
>>
>>61181492
>bludgeoning slab

p good band name desu
>>
>>61181063
Why am I laughing so hard
>>
>>61181439
>reddit bogeyman
That's literally taken from a Marilyn Manson thread on /mu/ earlier today.
>>
We was sittin' there watchin' the stage. Waitin' for the man they called Coltrane to come out and do his thing. It was me and my four droogs. Them bein' Peter, Georgio and Dim; Dim being really Dim.

'Round an hour'd passed and the place was packed straight through to the back. I'd just dropped some dollars for 'Trane's Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

I was only there for the first night, see, but them cats at Impulse! just made my life complete. They put out four CDs of all that sound 'Trane put out those nights. But you know my type, man. Can't afford to eat, let alone spend some heavy cash on music. So I only got the essential. Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes is one disc, makin' it one-fourth the cost of the box set. And you only get the best stuff.

Man, the opening beauty of "Spiritual..." It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow. This track's as close as I come, and it's close enough. Best of the best, though, has gotta be "India." It's only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music. 'Trane takes it to heaven and back with some style, man. Some richness, daddy. It's a sad thing his life was cut short by them jaws o' death.

Shit, cat. It don't make a difference. The man produced enough good music to last me a lifetime. This Village Vanguard thing's just another example of the genius of Coltrane.

-Ryan Schreiber
>>
That's so shit. The score is whatever, I don't care about that, but that review is fluff. It's a dozen ways to say "this is great, oh my god, guys, it's so cool" passed as actual criticism.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.