[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we make /mu/ elitist again? This board is on a slippery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: oasis_49d_28[1].jpg (246 KB, 1134x747) Image search: [Google]
oasis_49d_28[1].jpg
246 KB, 1134x747
How can we make /mu/ elitist again? This board is on a slippery slope to becoming even plebbier than /tv/.
>>
post cassette blogs
>>
>>61180512
Ban poptimists and pitchfork drones

More classical, metal and jazz
>>
>>61180512
So it's shitty that some people like oasis?

This post is essentially "stop liking what I don't like"
>>
>elitist
>posts picture of Oasis

baka senpai
>>
>>61180512
maybe you could take this opportunity to take a break from /mu/, go outside and do something with your lives you sad underachieving fucks
>>
>>61180570
I will always have better music taste than you
>>
>people still think being elitist is a good thing
/mu/ is already hyper elitist. being elitist doesn't mean you are better, it means you think you are better, mostly when you are not. elitism doesn't harbor a sense of exploration and discovering new music, it just harps on a few bands and musicians claiming they are the best while calling everyone else plebs. that golden age of elitism you are thinking about was just Hampus and CLT championing a few "obscure" albums while shunning anyone that tried to disagree and form their own musical taste. elitism is the worst thing on /mu/, encourage understanding and exploration and then maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me and after all you're my wonderwall
>>
>>61180540
>More classical, metal and jazz

Come on man, shave your neckbeard and get rid of your fedora. You are plebier than poptimists and pitchfork drones.
>>
>>61180545
No, the post is saying, "Like better music, because your taste is shit." If you actually are defending Oasis, you should just leave /mu/.
>>
>>61180616
Go listen to grimes and death grips and just get off of /mu/, you can't help being a pleb.
>>
>>61180512
I really hope that you're aren't implying that Oasis is patrician
>>
File: justin-bieber-purpose.jpg (186 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
justin-bieber-purpose.jpg
186 KB, 700x700
Youre right OP

Put this in the /mu/ essentials to fuck with some heads
>>
>>61180658
>le Oasis is bad meme
this needs to stop, it's fucking embarrassing
>>
>>61180677
>le Oasis is good meme
Just go away.
>>
>>61180677
>le Oasis is good meme
this needs to stop, it's fucking embarrassing
>>
>elitism
so you want /mu/ to be even shittier?
>>
File: 1450246761432.png (346 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
1450246761432.png
346 KB, 600x664
I think /mu/ needs to let go of the utterly appalling, abortion of a genre, rock music. As soon as we get rid of rock music, /mu/ will be better. Rock music is the plebbest of all music and garners a false sense of elitism.

Truly it wasn't a defining creation of the 20th century, but a defining blunder in culture and society as a whole
>>
>>61180651
this is some great musical discussion being had. elitism sure is good and not just a way for insecure people to feel better about their mediocre music taste. and to think, today was gonna be the day but they'll never throw it back to you. by now you should have somehow realized what you got to do
>>
>>61180545
>says he has the right to like whatever he wants
All the Mr. Bungle fans on /mu/ would like a word with you
>>
>>61180545
dude shut the fuck up you listen to oasis
>>
>>61180706
As if I'd even consider discussing music with the likes of you. By now you should've somehow realized what you have to do, leave the fucking board.
>>
File: 1450672008798.jpg (140 KB, 630x483) Image search: [Google]
1450672008798.jpg
140 KB, 630x483
>>
Poptimists are actually killing /mu/.

Liking shitty music is fine, whatever, do your thing enjoy what you want. But listening to shitty music made in a board room to appeal to specific demographics because you fall for advertising schemes and then pretending that that music has serious artistic value? That's some stupid shit and you're fucking stupid if you fall for it.
>>
>>61180726
Oasis is patrician
>>
>>61180779
lmao
>>
>>61180779
Oasis is a joke in the patrician scene
>>
Oasis is a patrician in the joke scene.
>>
>>61180639
>>61180717
>>61180726
At this point im POSITIVE /Skype/ is memeing with me.

Also im fine with bungle fans hating me.
>>
daily musique concrete and microtonal music discussion threads
>>
>>61180616
>that golden age of elitism you are thinking about was just Hampus and CLT championing a few "obscure" albums while shunning anyone that tried to disagree and form their own musical taste.
The height of Beatles vs Beach Boys threads was when CLT participated in them.
>>
>>61180911
you're mistaking elitist with edgy
>>
>>61180890
But you do understand your argument is bullshit, right?
>>
>>61180947
I understand that my argument is not a strong one.
Oasis will never be respected on /mu/ as much as other bands because I think in part people on here tend to dislike mainstream shit.
>>
>>61180933
There's nothing edgy about either of those.
>>
>>61181086
they're literally teenage edgecore for kids born to early to listen to mr. bungle or john zorn
>>
>>61181018
Everything on the /mu/core is mainstream. Oasis is just kinda shitty
Look, you can enjoy them in you want, but you can also acknowledge that they're not the pinnacle of music. Being able to make associations like that is part of being a fucking adult, and you should probably get used to it at this point
>>
>>61181127
no, you're a complete idiot
>>
>>61181165
lolsorandom xD
>>
>>61181179
thanks for providing such an ideal example of exactly what the problem with /mu/ is

you are the perfect embodiment of everything wrong with the user base
>>
banning grunge and memerap would improve it immensely
>>
>>61180757
Holy fuck, what happened to you /mu/
>>
>>61181260
too bad that if there wasnt a problem with /mu/ you wouldnt be here to complain about it
>>
Play Hall of the Mountain King and it will make anything sound epic. Mostly it's because it's the only epic piece that people know. Who needs the Damnation of Faust or Alexander Nevsky or Die Freischutz or Shostakovich 5 when you can do something everyone recognizes and will automatically associate with 'epicness'? Tut.
>>
>>61180933
>>61181127
>>61181179
>I don't understand the appeal of these genres therefore the people who listen to them are just edgelords
Plebeians act so fragile when they feel threatened by "deep" music, it's pretty funny.
>>
>>61180757
lol @ 2 * oassis
>>
>>61181137
Morning glory is anything but a shitty album though.
Same with DM.
Everything else is really bad.
>>
>>61180540
>metal
>>
>>61180757
Get Oasis and Nirvana off of there, the rest can stay.
>>
>>61180696
Get rid of dumb weebos /mu/, they're worse than cancer.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.