[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else prefer being ignorant to the specifics and details
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: d.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
Anyone else prefer being ignorant to the specifics and details of music? For instance, I know nothing of music theory, production, or even a lot of the times able to identify what instrument i'm even listening to. Makes it more interesting to listen and mysterious to listen to. I'm the same way with movies (not wanting to know all that goes on behind the scenes and shit cause it kind of ruins it for me) Anyone else like this?
>>
>>61180283
How can you prefer if you can't compare?
>>
>>61180283
Pic related? I assume this to be true of anyone who likes Swans.
>>
>>61180283
I think learning all of that made me develop my taste further and be able to appreciate more complex/esoteric music

Still, whatever helps you, honestly. We each approach music differently, and in the end it's about the experience you have interacting with music
>>
>>61180300
How can one be without falling?
>>
>>61180322
No, i've never even listened to that album before. Just used it cause I knew it would draw some attention.
>>
>>61180322
I know music theory and I like Swans
>>
>>61180354
Why do you like Swans?
>>
>>61180367
It has some sort of primal power to it, it gets me in some sort of trance. Also, To Be Kind (the track) is fucking orgasmic

I like the newer albums better than their older stuff though, so you may be right about fans of their older work
>>
Don't have much musical knowledge but i guess it can help you appreciate some of the more intricate details with a background.

Enjoy music/film how you want.
If the theory/production doesn't interest you, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>61180430
>It has some sort of primal power to it
Swans always had this aspect throughout their career.

Mostly had to do with the way they mic'd drums or stuff like that.
>>
Honestly, I lose any interest and respect for the music that I can quickly make myself using automated techniques and piss easy tools.

I have made proper hip-hop beats, proper vaporwave tracks and proper breakcore on autopilot with my brain turned off using only fucking Audacity, kek. I'm perfectly entitled to say genres like these are just casually enjoyable trash, nothing more.
>>
>>61181022
but what about hip hop, vaporwave, and breakcore that transcends genre limitations or best defines the sound of the genre?
>>
>>61180322
I'm a professional musician and Swans are my favorite band.
>>
>>61181022
Honestly I will use the analogy of science. No one cares or is impressed if you understand a theory and prove it afterm you seen someone who already has. The people who actually have the imagination to make the theories are the ones who get the praise.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.