[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is happy music the worst kind of music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2
File: 1448582581750.png (259 KB, 358x339) Image search: [Google]
1448582581750.png
259 KB, 358x339
Is happy music the worst kind of music?
>>
>listening to happy music even once
>>
emo sadboys detected

Just because y'all are depressed fucks without any friends, talents, or worth doesn't mean that whatever shitty ass emo garbage you listen to is good.
>>
no, depressing shit which people listen to while they wallow in their own failure and cry about their problems is
>>
>>61175151
I'm not even saying it has to be sad. There's plenty of music that's angry.
>>
>>61175151
we're hitting levels of autistic blind projection that shouldnt even be possible
>>
i only listen to happy music desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwp1arYmfY
>>
everything that can be mapped to a basic emotion is corny.
there must be an autonomous almost inaccessible remainder.
>>
>>61175170
Anger is an emotion of the beta.
>>61175199
Shouldn't you be cutting yourself to Empire Empire right now?
>>
>>61175261
>Anger is beta
>Literally starts revolutions
>>
>>61175296
The real rulers are those who can manipulate the masses into anger and profit. Anger is for the unintelligent brutes and workers.
>>
i hate most modern pop punk, that's always happy, even the sad songs feel happy
>>
>>61175334
>i took political science at a liberal arts college and my professor's name ended in "witz": the post
>>
>>61175407
>I'm a weak angry faggot: the post
>>
>>61175407
>>61175439
:(
>>
>grouping music by basic emotions
>>
>>61175151
Really salty and gross post. If feel this way sincarely, you truley are a horrible person that unfortionantly has never felt hardship before.
>>
>>61175255
>i listen to emotionless bleeps and bloops: the post
>>
>>61175089
happy makes you sad?
>>
>>61176805
>bleeps and bloops
>emotionless

I bet you only connect with the most corny emotionally superficial types of music out there, like explosions in the sky or some other trash
>>
You know you choose not to be happy, right?
You are literally forcing yourself into misery and everyone around you is affected !!!!
>>
>>61176833
is this actually the case because I literally cannot for the life of me seem to be consistently happy and I'd love it if you could tell me the trick to it
>>
imo yes but then again sometimes some groovy shit is fine. but songs like its a wonderful world yuck
>>
>>61176833
You must be a rich trust fund brat, because you're way too disconnected to reality. Also listening to sad music or expression negative emotions doesn't mean you're sevarely depressed, repression all negativity only leads to worse things
>>
>>61175439
if anger's so beta why are you so angry?
if you're not beta why do you type like a neckbeard; see >>61175334
>>
>>61176826
[spoiler]i'm actually just shitposting, i listen to lots of electronic music. my ex gf from last year would say shit like that though & it made me unreasonably mad
>>
no emo music is. happy music isnt the best either though
>>
>>61175089
No not really.
>people failing for the lowest kind of bait.
>depression is not real, pack logic, poverty shaming... The list could go on.
3/10 have a (you)
>>
>>61176840
No kidding, follow good vibrations. There are books on it, but basically just follow the right paths.
>>61176858
I live in a bungalow!
Disconnected from reality?
I support your second point but still being down is still a choice.
>>
I think it's because most "happy" and "positive" music is all superficial and feel good, most of it leaves a bitter after taste. Shallow positivity is really disgusting and almost dehumanizing to an extent, if you want something to make you feel better listen to autechre and eat a nice meal
>>
>>61176833
>>61175296
>>61175261
>>61175151
>>61176870
holy shit. are you guys so pretentious and edgy you're arguing and being condescending about emotions every human being has? Is everybody on this bored just packed full of shit ,how can people even be like this?
>>
>>61176921
my nigga
>>
>>61176921
i feel like op probably isnt just talking about shallow pop garbage but all music with a happy tone

either way this whole conversation is stupid tbqh fampai just another artificial set of groupings to superficially judge
>>
>>61176894
It's not a choice, expressing it socially to everyone around you is. Masking your pain won't make it go away, that's why we listen and make sad music on our own, connecting with others who relate through pain and disfunction and finding joy and comfort in that
>>
>>61176944
Thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>61176968
You can be in pain and still have a positive vibe though. I don't agree with the other anon that it's just a "I R B happy now!" but it really is just a frame of mind. Seeing happiness as a destination rather than a state of mind is what makes it unattainable.
>>
>>61175089
I like to listen to happy music because it puts me in a happy mood. Most of the time I feel like I am one sad song away from bursting into treats.

>>61176921
I think the reason why happy music feels superficial is because being happy does not bear any discussion in it. Being sad poses a conflict, makes for better stories, and gives people who are in similar conflicts something to relate to.

A state of happiness is something really simple in itself. It's just there. There is not much to express or sing about it other than the fact that you are happy, which is how songs like Happy come to be, where a dude literally just says that he is happy over and over again.

This doesn't work with sadness. No one is ever just "sad". There's always a reason, and sometimes the reason is just not knowing the reason. Anyway, there is always something under the surface of these emotions, while being happy often just means the lack of having something under said surface at the moment.
>>
>>61175089
If you're a teenager, yes
>>
>>61175261
>Shouldn't you be cutting yourself to Empire Empire right now?
kek this shit is too good senpai, feels good being gamma and appreciating ALL art
>>
>>61177011
I wouldn't say that happiness / happy music is "without reason" but the reason is usually just ~LOVE~
>>
now that i think about it happy music vs sad is different so that probably not do 2deep4u people like it, whereas sadder music can challenge the status quo, u kind of have to wallow in it and see the shitness in the world and confront it. happy music is just chill, altho it can be carpe diem shit too. idk
>>
>>61177046
I guess, but it makes sense. Love is pretty fucking good for your mind. I don't think there is anything that can make a person more happy than true, pure love.
>>
>>61176999
>>61177011

What is happiness though? Contentment? Also what is unhappy? For someone listening to sad music and indulging in the meloncholy is more "happy" than putting on a smile and pretending, but then there are others who completely disagree. Some people also look like they're suffering more than they actually are, even when I used to be a full on emo kid in middleschool I was generally content and happy.
>>
>this thread

kek
>>
Even though I'm not depressed, I can only enjoy dark music.
>>
>>61177126
I think neither wallowing in sad music nor pretend-smiling has anything to do with happiness.
It's a state of inner peace, and it's not something you can force, but it IS something you can and should work towards. You can be content with being sad, but that is a far cry from actual happiness.

Fuck, happiness is such an elusive state that some people walk through life never having felt it since being a toddler, and never again will. It's kinda like being in love or being sick. If you have to think about if you are happy, you probably aren't, but when you are, man you are gonna know it. But that's really not easy to achieve, it's something you can actively work on, and most of the time you come out as a different, hopefully better, human being.
I don't think anyone is actually a lost cause for this, but it does get harder to get the motivation for this, or even the perspective on your own life to see that it might be necessary to change something. It's always, always worth it though.
>>
>>61177231
Would you say that being in a state of inner peace is not about happiness or sadness, but being comfortable with all your emotions free from any lingering judgements, resistence, or attachment.
>>
>>61177308
Yeah, I suppose I would. Saying it like that makes it really obvious how hard that is though.

But the closer you can get to that, the better. I don't see a single reason why people shouldn't try to get to that place, other than "it's hard".
>>
>>61175089
yes, but don't tell p4k about it, they won't believe
>>
File: 1450574920570.jpg (372 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1450574920570.jpg
372 KB, 720x540
>>61177342
It is, but it shouldn't. We just have to live with more intuition instead of constant abstraction, be at peace with the present experience and everything about it
>>
>>61176833
>You know you choose not to be happy, right?
youre telling i wake up every morning CHOOSING to be perpetually physically and emotionally fatigued, and i can just stop at any time? thanks man, i didnt know that.
>>
>>61177523
Not him, but yeah, you kinda can.
>>
>>61177546
id love to know how because i have no friends left and im failing uni
>>
>>61175334
so you have to be petyr baelish?
>>
>>61176847
> What A Wonderful World
> Yuck
Damn how can you not like that song
>>
happy music is revolting
>>
Only when it's a happy love song. Happy songs about random stuff or friendship is groovy.
>>
>>61178621
"no"
>>
>>61176921
True
Although maybe I just feel this way because I'm hardly ever happy and tend to see happy people as being fake
But I think melancholy music is the best, although it can also be forced sometimes a lot of it is genuine
>>
>>61178684

What's wrong with a song about your bro, bro?
>>
>>61179315
I just don't enjoy "happy" art it doesn't move me to happiness

I love watching tragic theatre for example - that makes me happy
>>
>>61178621
What are some happy songs for people who know >tfw no gf?
>>
>not appreciating Tiny Tim or Weird Al
>>
Happy music is just more variable. Sad music, even if it's utter shit, will get points for being sad. But I mean, happy music can be the best, most beloved music.

Just look at "Ode to Joy" --none of Beethoven's more somber, minor-key shit has achieved the 9th's level of success and influence.

But the Barney theme is also happy music. Is there any piece of music people uniformly hate more?

Happy music can be the best music, it can be the absolute worst, and it can be anywhere in between. The worst sad music really gets is emo, and the best it really gets are lesser-known symphonies. It's less variable.
>>
>>61179417

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPQ9x6Gjpc
>>
>>61177589
What has caused you to lose friends and fail uni?

Stop doing that
>>
>>61180132
Probably the same thing that's causing you to be incredibly stupid and ignorant - inferior genetics
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.