[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that sees this being the next Trout Mask Replica?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Am I the only one that sees this being the next Trout Mask Replica? I fucking hate this piece of shit, but I can totally see some hipsters years from now saying what everyone says about TMR.

>"He meant for it to sound that way
>"I love the sketches"
>"Best avant garde album of all time"

Face it, it's going to happen
>>
>>61174602
>Am I the only one that sees this being the next Trout Mask Replica?

Yes
>>
this stale meme again
>>
it's bad. turn it off.
>>
I understand that the general consensus is that this album is shit and to stay away from it, but I mean come on. This is EXTREMELY similar to Trout Mask in so many ways
>>
>>61174602
only till cudi offs himself
>>
I see at as, Cudi needs to get help.

also, this is the outcome of being told you're invincible. take a look at his fans, they delude themselves into thinking they're not true fans if they don't like it. so they like it. cudi fans literally are the worst.
>>
kiwi watermelon syrup
Did I get that right?
>>
>>61174602

I had a very similar thought when I first heard it. I was also wondering the same about the new Willow Smith album. They are considered shit but hipsters will be all over them in 20 years
>>
>>61174602
thell understand it later
>>
>>61174602
I haven't listened to this but I have to ask is it bad enough to be funny. Will I be able to have any enjoyment listening to it
>>
no, no comparison

stop it
>>
>>61179805
The Return of Chip Douglas is hilarious
>>
>>61174602
real question: is scott currently on heroin?
>>
nobody is stupid enough to fall for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxGZBvJAG4
>>
no because TMR was acclaimed from the beginning and this album is getting negative reviews

nice b8 and fuck off
>>
This is legitimately better produced and more interesting than most of the meme rap shit people go ham over these days
>>
>>61179805
A lot of it is just painfully boring. It fucking slows down time. I thought I'd been listening for like an hour and I was only on the 3rd or 4th track. I wasn't able to finish the record.

There are some fucking hilarious songs on there that I recommend you listen to. I'll link them for you senpai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxGZBvJAG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6JQSIYvYcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzlHz7PVFc
>>
>>61180112
His superfans are falling for this.

They genuinely see this as art.
>>
This isn't all that different from Nirvana's Bleach
>>
>>61180769

I don't agree completely but I can totally see hipsters being legitimaly thinking that. Anyway, I can't help but think that -part- of the reason he is getting so much shit is because he is black and used to be a "rapper". if he was white or of this was his debut, it would have been better received.
>>
this album is like he listened to nirvana once and thought
let me try my hand at this shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.