[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /mu/ think about La Dispute or post-hardcore in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x334
So what does /mu/ think about La Dispute or post-hardcore in general?
>>
>>61174449
>La Dispute
God awful
>Post-hardcore
Meh genre
>>
>>61174449
Both are mad
>>
>>61174474
Expand on that
>>
does anyone know what the fuck post-hardcore is
>>
>>61174493
Mad? Explain
>>
>>61174552
Why don't you enlighten us
>>
>>61174584
I was hoping someone would enlighten me
>>
>>61174449
Post Hardcore must be one of my favorite genres. I especially enjoy bands like Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, Chiodos and Tides Of Man
>>
>>61174494
Which part?
>>
>>61174624
All of it. What do you like an dislike about both?
>>
>>61174552
Check out the bands mentioned in >>61174620
All you need to know about post hardcore imo
>>
>>61174620
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-hardcore_bands
>>
>>61174449

been listening to la dispute off and on since freshman year in high school. im 24 now. honestly i only like 3 albums

Vancouver
Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

and the new shit
Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

Theyre pretty popular as a local band but the reception is always mixed. I liked their hardcore shit the most.
>>
>>61174474
Ya ever listen to their older shit ?
>>
>>61174571
Mad = good
>>
>>61174709
Rooms of the House is the new my bad.
>>
>>61174646
La Dispute's vocalist kills everything I might enjoy about the music. I can't stand whiny vocals and that dude is a huge offender. All of the post hardcore I've heard I'm either indifferent towards or dislike; the style just doesn't resonate with me on an emotional level.
>>
>>61174709
They still have it in Wildlife and Rooms man I've gotta tell ya.

Tracks like 'First Reactions After Falling Through The Ice' and 'You And I In Unison' still have that post-hardcore teeth grinding edge to them
>>
I used to really love them, but at a distance if that makes sense. I would listen occasionally when the feeling hit me. But then I met my gf who is obsessed with them in an "i'm so saaaad and need childish music to help me wallow every fucking day" kind of way and it's ruined them a little for me.

Did see them in St. Louis in 2014 though and really enjoyed myself.
>>
>>61174783
oh man you dont like whine? why are you in this thread?
>>
>>61174799
OP asked my opinion. I gave it.
>>
I love them, I much prefer their newer stuff.
>>
>>61174792
I can feel that hard. Girl liked Mayday Parade way too fucking much.

I'm on this La Dispute kick right now though, I'm 21 and JUST discovered them so it's like hot damn what did I miss all this time

It sounds quite different than most post-hardcore
>>
>>61174571
you mad?
>>61174620
listen to bear vs shark
>>
>>61174783
I hear so many complaints like that and I don't get it myself, I enjoy that kind of vocal, but you've got a valid reason and I respect it.

Do you enjoy their music minus the vocals?
>>
>>61174841
try mewithoutyou 2bh, and maybe early thursday if you dare
>>
>>61174841
Yes I still like them simply because they feel slightly more unique and (I hestitate to say this on /mu/ but) more complex than other bands of the genre, along with one or two others I guess.
It's more that I don't understand how people can listen to just one thing constantly.

Anyway, Wildlife is still one of my favourite Post-Hardcore albums of all time so I can't be too salty.
>>
>>61174931
You get exactly how I'm feeling about 'em then. I just wanted a little recognition that I'm onto something here, because all the music plebs around me in my real life think the shit sucks bad, and I'm just like "nah"
>>
>>61174891
Yeah the instrumental work can be pretty enjoyable at times. Idk I just can't into those vocals. I love loud punk vocals, and the occasional scream at the right time is really effective, but there's just something about this style that's incredibly grating to me.
>>
I really like them but mostly because I've liked them for a couple of years now. Some of their songs have some of my favorite lyrics
>>
>>61174449
>La Dispute
one of the GOAT post hc bands both musically and lyrically. somewhere is a mathy post hc masterpiece. i dont particularly love the direction they took post wildlife, but their newer stuff is still pretty enjoyable
>post-hardcore in general
lot of forgettable and samey bands in the genre. though that applies to most genres in general, it seems to be really common in post hardcore
>>
>>61175003
try their ep "Here, Hear III". it's on their band camp. tracks like "nine" and "twelve" and especially good and different from most of their other stuff.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.