[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album I going to become a modern classic whether you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
This album I going to become a modern classic whether you like it or not.

You can continue to throw your buzzwords at the screen like spoiled toddlers but the fact remains: this album HAS and will continue to change music as we know it and be remembered as time passes
>>
>>61171523
I agree.
>>
>>61171523
i liked this album when it first came out but it just bores me now when i go back to it. his production was serviceable and even great at times on tracks like grief but they definitely sound amateurish and not in a good way. he might have sharpened his technical skill but im not hearing a significant improvement from what he did on doris. the lyrical content on this album just bores me outside of a few tracks because im not invested in earl's life. this sounds more him than anything hes done before which i appreciate and im sure he will continue to evolve his sound. im looking forward to hearing what he comes up with next but this project is just decent, nothing special
>>
>>61171824

I agree that the production is amateurish at points and I really don't like the latter half of the album but I think it's an amazing statement. This album is is completely him, there's no trendy tracks like '20 wave caps' where he's just trying to fit into the stereotype of writing what people felt was cool. The tracks are incredibly dark & moody and really does articulate well his mindset and thoughts at the time he made the album. A lot of artists can't do that. I'm excited for his next project.
>>
>>61171523

This didn't change shit everyone forgot about it.

Only thing I like about the album is the really half-assed asthetic, production, flow, etc. Feels genuine
>>
>>61171523
Agreed. Definite future cult classic. Can't wait to see Earl evolve more
>>
Honestly my AOTY. Had a couple forgettable tracks but honestly Earl is really coming into his own. Taking his crazy ass rhyme schemes and actually telling his story, in a way that feels much more honest than Doris
>>
>>61171523
I actually really like this album
>>
File: solace.jpg (2 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
solace.jpg
2 KB, 319x319
>>61171523
This album was great, and is my HHAOTY. But if his next album sounds anything like Solace did, it will be a classic. Which will leave IDLSIDGO as more of a stepping stone towards his peak.
>>
Wasn't feeling this album at all when it first came out but now I'm obsessed with it. Earl has definitely come up with a little niche of his own and I'm excited to see what he can do with it moving forward.
>>
>>61171523
The songs with the guest features blow dick, save for Vince Staples. DNA is half of a good track until the retarded nigger with fetal alcohol syndrome comes in slurring shit and ruining the flow.
>>
>>61173406
Do you know the story behind that verse? Dude had just taken acid and got the call that his homie died. To cope with it he wrote and recorded it on the spot. That perspective made me appreciate it a lot more.
>>
File: 402.jpg (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
402.jpg
54 KB, 625x626
>Saw this same copypasta in /v/ with major backlash to OP
>>
>>61173406
you should try listening to the words
>>
>>61173605
mate this copy pasta has been fucking polluting /mu/ for the last day
>>
OP listen to Oblivion Access it's basically IDLSx10

same with Dr Yen Lo

in fact my top 3 this year is OA, Yen Lo, and IDLS in that order
>>
good entry into his stuff but doris is better t b h
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-01-13-28.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-01-13-28.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Fantastic
>>
>>61173406
>AM // Radio is bad
>Wiki is bad
>Staples verse/in general is good

what's it like having shit as fuck opinions, anon
>>
>>61173721
If you can listen to Norf Norf and still say vince isn't good you should be killed
>>
>>61171523
>"I have a lot of money and I'm successful, but I'm sad"
>For half an hour
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.