[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
artists don't care about the quality of art. critics do.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: its all a sham.png (1 MB, 1280x866) Image search: [Google]
its all a sham.png
1 MB, 1280x866
artists don't care about the quality of art. critics do.
>>
>>61165684
>artists don't care about the quality of art.
... how can one make such a generalized statement like what is your point man?
>>
>>61166342
don't you know the "critics are the art" meme that scaruffi started?
>>
The critic is the real artist for they determine what is and isn't art
>>
? Says you anon. I care very much about the quality of the music I make.
>>
>>61166377
Id rather not meme around right now
>>
>>61166397
Criticizing art is less artistic than actually making art. In fact, I think most art critics are full of shit unless they have a history of producing art themselves.
>>
artists are only in it for the money and pussy they could give 2 shits about getting good reviews
>>
>>61166555
I make music because I love making music, money and pussy is a bonus.
>>
>>61166555
again you are generalizing this is a shitty premise.
>>
Real talk tho, no child has ever grown up thinking they want to be a critic.
>>
>>61165684
Music critic is the most pointless, least creative and pretentious activity one could engage in.
>>
>>61166468
i dont think critics are full of shit... But i do agree that criticizing art is less "artistic" than making art.

Critics, rather than train their art/skill, are training their eye or their ear instead.
For example someone who views a lot of art, studies what makes an interesting image, and overall really appreciates it. This person has a trained eye to look for good art and bad art.
Someone can have a great understanding of music without ever playing an instrument.
>>
>>61165684
Maybe before the Internet.
>>
real talk I partied with OVO and talked with Drake about if views was going to be his best and he told me he really doesn't give a shit. so take that however you want
>>
>artists shouldn't care about the quality of art. critics should.
ftfy
>>
>>61166682
Sure but the thing is, it requires a good ear to make music in the first place. I honestly don't respect any critic that does not actually play any instrument or sing. It's a fundamentally vital part of understanding music. You get a whole new perspective on music if you've been playing for a few years.
>>
>>61166756
That's just as ridiculous really. Why would you make art and not give a fuck about how good it is?
>>
File: joy.jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
8 KB, 276x183
>>61165684
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>Critic as artist - Oscar Wilde

http://www.online-literature.com/wilde/1305/

>Criticizing art is less artistic than actually making art. In fact, I think most art critics are full of shit unless they have a history of producing art themselves.

Bullshit m8. Actually study criticism other than Fandango and p4k, nigger, outside the ambit of pop music criticism.
>>
>>61166666

pls dont be kpoop
>>
>>61166846
>most critics

Nice reading comprehension man.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.