[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post the review that made you lose all respect for Fant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
ITT: Post the review that made you lose all respect for Fantano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7-5Ct4eQho
>>
For that to happen I would have

a) had to have respect for him in the first place

and

b) watch his videos

neither of which apply
>>
Every Liturgy review.

Tbh I unsubbed after his vegan smugness vlog when red meat was suggested to give you cancer.
>>
When he gave Yeezus and the new Bieber album the same score
>>
>>61162021
then why'd you reply you tw@
>>
>oh no he has differing opinions from mine! Respect = lost
>>
>>61162061
Did you watch the review?
>>
>>61162000

Ultima II Massage
>>
>>61162056
To give a more accurate survey of the collective opinion of /mu/.
>>
>>61162065

I did, and I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Didn't listen to the album though
>>
>>61162061

Hi fantano, what this thread is about is posting reviews that highlight the ignorance of your opinions. It isn't that we care about you HAVING opinions, we're just sharing our OWN opinions and my opinion is that you're a smug west coast faggot with a bunch of teenagers inflating your ego.

Enjoy irrelevance in 3 years.
>>
GRIMES ART ANGEL
>>
>>61162092
>Didn't listen to the album though
fuck off, newfag
>>
>>61162092

are you clinically retarded?
>>
>>61162139

Are you?
>>
are we just going to ignore the fact that we had a person ITT who hadn't listened to fucking Syro

are you all teenagers too or something
>>
>>61162146
nice one :)
>>
>>61162166
oh and that this person was sticking up for Fantano
>>
>>61162166

? it wasn't ignored, put your glasses on and drink some water
>>
>Hot Chip embraces house music and takes some vocal risks on their new record.
>1 house song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPP1YYoNNAo

also 6/10 was fucking disgraceful
>>
>>61162102
probably either this or the ones where he champions adele and carly rae jepson
>>
legitimately did not understand the complete acclaim and adoration that album got - it was good, not mind-blowing and the tuss was much better imo. a 6 isn't even that bad of a score, sheesh.

besides, i don't think fantano has ever really given a high score to releases in that genre, does he even like it?
>>
File: average mu user.png (1 MB, 955x753) Image search: [Google]
average mu user.png
1 MB, 955x753
I hate Fantano's fanbase more than Fantano. Fantano is just kinda stupid. His fanbase is full retard.
>>
>>61162166
>>61162194

So are you trying to invalidate the fact that Fantano is not always liking stuff you do by reducing me to this figure (hurr defending Fantano/didn't listen to the album)?

I don't always agree with his reviews either, and there are some albums he scored average I really liked, but I'm okay with his opinions.
>>
File: 1421291194503.png (80 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1421291194503.png
80 KB, 240x240
>>61162000
His review of Instant Gratification
>>
>>61162270
How old are you and/or how long have you browsed here?
>>
>>61162280
DGD is literal AIDS though
>>
His review of PBVSGR, but I forgave him.
>>
>>61162299

Why does it matter? I've been here for a long time now. Doesn't change the fact that you're butthurt for someone's opinions.
>>
>>61162333
>a long time now
Not long enough to hear the biggest release of last year apparently.
How long?
>>
File: IMG_9951.jpg (169 KB, 1620x1546) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9951.jpg
169 KB, 1620x1546
>>
File: tom lol butthurt.gif (283 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tom lol butthurt.gif
283 KB, 500x364
>>61162333
Not him, but it's okay Fantano. You'll get over the fact that no one over the age of 18 cares about you.
>>
>>61162333
Aphex fags are always like this and I love the guy. Look at the Syro comments, just extreme butthurt over a mutant with a webcam's opinion.
>>
>>61162351
this too
like holy shit, NOTHING on it sounds like King Crimson. maybe if he said Genesis or maybe Yes, sure; but jesus chrsit
>>61162367
Dude you're defending some kid who hasn't heard basic /mu/core
>>
watching/reading music reviews is for fucking nerds
>>
Fantano is the cultural equal of everyone he reviews. You are all just mini-fantanos swimming stupidly in his wake.
>>
>>61162306
yo mama is literal AIDS
>>
>>61162349

Over 5 years, and the reason I didn't listen to Syro was because I didn't care for Aphex Twin back then. Maybe I'll do so eventually. I'm pretty sure his review won't affect my enjoyment for this album.

>>61162389

>basic /mu/core

Just get out.
>>
>>61162095
>West Coast faggot
I'm pretty sure he's from the east coast t b h
>>
Why does everyone on /mu/ care so much about Fantano and his reviews? He's literally just sharing his opinion and everyone here gets so emotional about it.
>>
>>61162389
it came out a year ago man and isn't one of his seminal releases. plus some people can't be bothered with /mu/core (also i find it funny that you accuse him of being a teenager while also berating him for not listening to /mu/core - which is basically DECIDED by teenagers on here lol)
>>
Arcade Fire - Reflektor
>>
>>61162458

Because he became popular.
>>
>>61162415
weak
>>
>>61162458
see
>>61162255

The stuff he reviews + his maymay fanbase that he shamelessly panders to + the reviews where he shows minimal understanding of the album he's reviewing = You're better off getting your reviews elsewhere.
>>
Why is /mu/ so mad at this guy again?
>>
>>61162445
>nonspecifically "over 5 years"
lmao you fucking 18 year old
go back to reddit
>>61162476
if you haven't at least heard the basic /mu/core you are a pleb, yes.
has nothing to do with liking it
are you retarded?
>>
>>61162528
>>61162458

he influences thousands of people
>>
>>61162526

You say that like you need only one source of music reviews.
>>
>>61162528
>new reply
># of posters doesn't increase by one
Calm down Fantano. Go fuck your jungle wife.
>>
>>61162557
Not really. I'm just saying it's a waste of time and not worth it. Your time is better used in other ways.
>>
>>61162544
most mu-core is "plebby" as fuck
>>
>>61162566
>being this upset at a person that you accuse anons of being him
So..
>>
>>61162592

Like actually listening to the release yourself?
>>
>>61162596
Yeah but it's your foundation. You don't get /fa/ without having the basics in your closet.
>>
>>61162596
You still have to listen to it in order to figure out if you like it or hate it. Are you retarded?
>>
>>61162607
>I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-not F-F-F-Fantano.
Nigga you got that jungle pussy, why are you on the internet? In the very least you could release another video on your alt channel for your fanboys. Wasting time when you could be makin YouTube dough.
>>
>>61162544
Syro is not /mu/core though? As far as Richard goes, both SAWs, RDJ album, and Drukqs are, but apart from To Be Kind, nothing from 2014 has really been "inducted" so to speak.
>>
>>61162658
Are you autistic?
>>
>>61162668
Syro is as /mu/core as R Plus Seven and similar
>>
>>61162612
Sure. I personally like going on TMT (and not reading the reviews) to find music I've never heard of before. Or maybe trawling through RYM for something new. Or etc etc.
>>
Fantano in the review literally complains that Syro is too subtle and refined, and that he wants Swans noisy bullshit.
>>
>>61162351
I actually agree with his review on this. the opener is good tho
>>
>>61162715
It sounds nothing like King Crimson
>>
>>61162691
Not really. Syro was not nearly memed as much as R=7, and reception to it was a lot more tepid. In fact, people on this board are just now really starting to come around to it.
>>
>>61162000
Why would that make you lose respect for him? It's not a good record.
>>
>>61162673
Question: Why haven't you made merch yet? Free money right there.
>>
>>61162624
You don't "have to" listen to anything, lol. Sorry I'm not interested in Kanye, Swans, AnCo and Death Grips
>>
Most of /mu/tants are jealous of him because he became famous out of something everyone on here could have done.
He's just a /mu/tant with a camera,never forget that,and those reviews are just his opinions which,at least to me,are the same opinions of the same guys i talk on here.
>>
>>61162803
You do if you want to claim that you like music.
If you don't have an opinion on all kinds of music then you effectively treat music as some side thing to post about on reddit when it appears on your frontpage.
>>
>>61162102
This desu, I'm not even a Grimes fan and that review was bogus.

Really any critique he has where he attempts to explain it things in a technical way. He's obviously a layman to music theory, and listening to him try to explain shit technically his cringey. He should just stick with saying "I just didn't like how it sounded."
>>
>>61162829
I have an opinion on as sorts of music, just not the very surface level indie/p4k-core that /mu/ eats up on a daily basis. i have listened to many of the albums on there, as there a few that are legitimately good, but you called a guy a teenager because he had not listened to one album (which isn't even really /mu/core yet, as another anon mentioned), and it makes the rabid hivemind people have here when it comes to taste, opinions, and views on music all the more apparent. and are you implying that people here have a wide variety of taste? everyone's taste here is homogenous.
>>
>>61162926
I call you a teenager because I know you're a teenager who's desperately trying to distract from the fact that he's far too pleb for /mu/ and belongs on reddit
>>
>>61162223
he didn't like tomorrow's harvest either, but that was a bad album so...
>>
>>61162949
I wasn't the original guy you called a teenager, lad, I just thought you sounded ridiculous. And I find it hilarious that you call me a "pleb" but defend the /mu/core charts that standardizes and amalgamate's people's tastes and preferences and is pretty much the equivalent to the "upvote" option that spams reddit with the same albums day after day after day just like the same albums and artists get spammed here day after day. Maybe it would be a good fit for you there, after all?
>>
Basically last year he gave electric wizard, eyehategod and trap them's new album a 6. That's when I realized that I don't trust his reviews because those were all great albums.
>>
>>61162729
it doesn't at all but it feels like he grabbed all the cliches of the genre and made an album out of it
>>
>>61162715
so you don't like prog then,
there is nothing wrong with that, but when someone who claims to be a prog fan dislikes it you know something is up.
>>
>>61163127
no, im not a prog fan. im a fan of good music
>>
>>61163080
I find it hilarious how you are defending being ignorant of having a basic understanding of music.
>>
His co-review of Politics with Sargon.
>>
>>61163185
How so? You can have an understanding and knowledge of experimental hip-hop without listening to The Money Store, or Alt-Rock without listening to OK Computer, or House without listening to Daft Punk, or No Wave/Post-punk without listening to Swans, or psychedelia/synth-pop without listening to MPP. Of course there are exceptions, especially when it comes to the albums like VU&N or Jazz in general, but honestly about half of the albums on the /mu/-core chart have counterparts and artists that represent the history and genres just as well. There is whole world of music out there not just limited to a bunch of albums that people here (sometimes arbitrarily) chose as "best."
>>
MBDTF
>>
File: mu-Core General 3.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
mu-Core General 3.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
>>61163308
That's cherry picking examples from the top of the /mu/core chart. I'm talking about the whole thing like pic related.
>>
>>
>>61163406
My point still stands, honestly. There are some good albums there, obviously, but a large portion are inconsequential.
>>
>>61163127
Oh fuck off.

Steven Wilson is THE definition of a Prog hack.
>>
when i realised you can tell if he dislikes an album by how short the video is
>>
>>61162000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gDORqcKe2c
>>
>>61163421
i agree 7/10 for that piece of shit is far too much
>>
>>61164813
epic :)
>>
>>61164813
it deserved a 8
>>
>>61162000
Daily reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=313T1dQJ8fk
>>
>>61164980
>>61162000
>>61162967
Fantano only likes Tim Hecker and the Knife when it comes to stuff like this
>>
>There are people that unironically hate Fantano

lol
>>
>>61165054
what is there to like, truly
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEqW3a2ias
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.