[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i just listened to this for the 4th day in a row and i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 61CJGimqHbL.jpg (132 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
61CJGimqHbL.jpg
132 KB, 495x495
so i just listened to this for the 4th day in a row and i have to ask what is the point of it
>>
>>61161825
Great album, you like Harry Nilsson's other albums lad?
>>
>>61161837
yes a little touch of schmilsson being my favorite
>>
>>61161973
Nice, personally I find that one of his weaker albums but I still like it. I consider Aerial Ballet probably his overall best, but Nilsson Shmilsson might be my favorite. Then again The Point is right up there as well for me.
>>
>>61162627
i find pandemonium shadow show to be a better aerial ballet they are pretty much the exact same album though
>>
>>61163183
I was posting anonymously earlier, but I'm the same guy you've been responding to. I don't really find Pandemonium the same as Aerial Ballet, Pandemonium is more rooted in psychedelia than that. Aerial Ballet has that relaxed almost loungey vibe that the rest of his work has, and so does Pandemonium but it's just a little different.
>>
Great record, has some of my favorite Nilsson songs. And it's nostalgic af for me
>>
>>61163247
they are both very bedded in that kind of post-pepper pop showtune sounding psychedelia that Paul was doing
dont hear any lounge on aerial ballet btw
>>
>>61163883
Lounge wasn't the right word, I was just trying to describe the laid back feel that those albums have. I guess I can hear the showtune thing, I've never thought of it that way, nor have I ever thought of Paul that way but I can kinda see where you're coming from. I can always really hear how Harry influenced John Lennon's later albums, so Harry's music always gives me a John feel, which isn't a stretch since they were best friends in real life.
>>
>>61164104
>I can always really hear how Harry influenced John Lennon's later albums
really? what albums? i havent bothered to listen to solo johnny albums and if i did i cant remember
>>
>>61165441
John's last few, they don't really sound like Harry but they are softer and you can hear his influence. If you want to get into John start with his first and his other early ones, those albums are almost punky. His first album is his best, it's very personal and honest, he totally bared his soul for that one. Probably the second best solo Beatles album after All Things Must Pass. I'd have to say every John album is worth a listen, but his first really is his best.
>>
>>61161825
the point is... there is no point
>>
you must be goofin with the bees. the point is that you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear. ya dig?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.