[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this performance? https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Ian-Curtis.jpg (288 KB, 1841x1227) Image search: [Google]
Ian-Curtis.jpg
288 KB, 1841x1227
What are your thoughts on this performance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBt3mJtgJc
>>
They can't play for shit, especially the drummer
The singer looks like he just wants to kill himself

How did this end up on TV?
>>
>>61160937
Stephen Morris is one of the greatest drummers ever and he's an absolute beast in this performance.
>>
>>61160952
I know, I was just pretending
The singer actually looks very comfortable and confident in himself desu
>>
>>61160888
it's okay, Joy Division is dense and boring as fuck though
>>
File: leave.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
leave.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
>>61160977
>>
>>61160977
What a waste of dubs
>>
Ian Curtis seems like the kind of person you would not want to hang out with.
>>
peter hooks bass isnt even a real rickenbacker.
>>
>>61161132
i do
>>
>you will never see JD live and dance like an autist trying to look like Ian
>>
>>61161359
>can never have an autistic tantrum in public in a socially acceptable way.
>>
>>61160937
>>61160952
The drummer was the only one who could actually play his instrument.

Ian Curtis was terrible and had no stage presence.

I don't like Joy Division at all. Very amateurish sounding band that made slow, plodding terrible goth rock like Bauhaus, except with nothing novel or interesting about them.
>>
>>61162186

Bauhaus are fucking horrendous
>>
>>61162341
>Bauhaus are fucking horrendous
Absolutely.
>>
>>61160937
>The singer looks like he just wants to kill himself

gee i wonder why
>>
>>61162186
>The drummer was the only one who could actually play his instrument.
Ok I'll give you that

>Ian Curtis was terrible and had no stage presence.
No, I've seen all the available footage of them and this isn't true.

>I don't like Joy Division at all. Very amateurish sounding band that made slow, plodding terrible goth rock like Bauhaus, except with nothing novel or interesting about them.
Wrong. Watch their live performances. Martin Hannett was a hack who sucked the fuckin soul out of their music.
>>
>>61162834
>Wrong. Watch their live performances. Martin Hannett was a hack who sucked the fuckin soul out of their music.

So you're telling me their producer was the one who was responsible for their records sounding like garbage.

Okay, I'll give you that, because that's a very real possibility that happens quite a bit in music.
>>
>>61162341
LOL
>>
>>61162834
>Martin Hannett was a hack who sucked the fuckin soul out of their music.
he improved it, kid
>>
>>61163003
hes a shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.