[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are The Beatles looked up to so much? I don't get what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: o-BEATLES-570.jpg (54 KB, 570x373) Image search: [Google]
o-BEATLES-570.jpg
54 KB, 570x373
Why are The Beatles looked up to so much? I don't get what makes them so special
>>
>>61155870
they changed music forever
>>
they did not change music temporarily
>>
>>61155870
your problem not mine
>>
>>61155870
they were the Justin Bieber/One Direction of their time, but they didn't have any competition, so they won by default. They were on every pleb's top 10 list, and since plebs far, far outnumber actual music conoisseurs (pretty arrogant, but it's true), all those people told their kids "Music back in the day was so much better, look at the beatles!". Kids who want to make a statement by not liking whatever's hot now, go look in the past, and since actual not-mainstream musicians didn't get enough recognition to even be remembered today, the only stuff they can cling on to are the "hotness" from back then.

I'm not joking when I say people will be saying people like David Guetta and Katy Perry were "the embodiment of music" in a few decades. Of course, some of us will be telling our kids different, but let's just be honest, there's so many of them, and so few of us, who's going to leave the biggest mark on society?
>>
the girl on the left is so pretty ;_;
>>
>>61155870
extremely influential

i don't like them at all but Revolver is really fucking good
>>
They did a lot of things first (in the context of pop music), and were highly influential. They don't seem so special now because you've heard a billion other bands do those things since then.
>>
>>61155881
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>61155945
>The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.
>>
>>61155870
They released Sgt peppers which is basically second tier pet sounds
>>
Itt:
People who have no music theory and probably don't play an instrument (at least not well anyway).
>>
>>61155938
not true, they revolutioned music stop acting like you don't know.
it's like the discover of fire, it will never be as good as a radiator, but radiator was invented because of it
>>
>>61156008
its very different and better (in my opinion)
>>
>>61155938
>>61155951
>>61155997
>>61156086
You're embarrassing us
>>
>>61156094
Very brave opinion to have on here. Fixing A Hole, She's Leaving Home and A Day In The Life are all probably as good as the best songs on Pet Sounds.
>>
>>61156160
I love Fixing a Hole. Within You Without You is oft overlooked too, I think.
>>
>>61156086
>you can't say if a book was good if you're not a professional writer yourself
>you can't say if a movie was bad if you're not an amateur cinematographer yourself
>you can't judge a painting if you're not an accomplished painter

should I go on?
>>
>>61155870
They're special, they're gods, showman archetypes, the originators, all star fathers.
>>
>>61155997
what's your point? are you trying to say that an autistic italians blog is the word of god?
>>
>>61156198
you can say you didnt enjoy it, but your opinion is meaningless if you say its bad while not technically knowing what is good or bad.
>>
>>61156086
And it's widely accepted that the beatles are good.
>>
>>61155938
this
payola causes this
>>
>>61155870
T H E F A C T
H
E
F
A
C
T
>>
because they were the og niggas
>>
>>61155870
because people are told to
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.