[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like Oasis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIj T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
Does /mu/ like Oasis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIjTUOb-5oo

This song hits me right in the feels tbhfams
>>
>>61154995
I only know Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, and Don't Look Back in Anger. Don't really care for them or listen to them.

But I always watch interviews with Noel Gallagher because he's fucking hilarious
>>
I like 'the windmill song'
Rory gallagher is a relay good songrwiter
>>
>>61154995
Shite
>>
>>61154995
Listen Up is a great tune.

/mu/ actually loves Oasis, but memes and shitposting prevent them from admitting such.
>>
>>61154995
nonononono please stop the fucking oasis posting, you obviously just have very shit taste
>>
>>61155074
>you obviously just have very shit taste
says the lad who finds Oasis too inaccessible hahahaha
>>
>>61155074
Oasis is god tier fuck off
>>
the true gods of manchester
>>
>>61155109
>oasis
>inaccessible
end your life you fucking wasteman
>>
I mean, they have 2 absolute classic albums and they may have the best b-side catalog ever. They made perfect 3-minute pop rock songs and if you can't enjoy that it just says a lot about you as a person. Not to mention they're hilarious in interviews.
>>
>>61156067
Noel is literally the funniest lad of all time

If he never made it as a musician he could have just become a professional bullshit talker
>>
>>61156082
He was fun as absolute fuck to see live. He was cutting it up with the audience, giving people shit, it was like we were all just hanging out at his place.
>>
>>61156082
He makes me laugh more than most comedians
Could easily make it doing stand up
>>
>>61156067
Except that's all fucking subjective. In my opinion Oasis sabotaged any talent they had by copying the most fucking outdated and innocuous influences, bearing with one of the worst singers ever to grace rock music, and consistently filling their material with butt-rock guitar solos and shite lyrics.

There is nothing special about Oasis. Nor remarkable, and because everybody in the 90's thought they were the shit - we now have a fucking void where English rock music should be.
>>
>>61156096
Absolutely. It's criminal he was never truly appreciated by the American public.
>>
>>61156110
Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory are both classics bruh. It's not subjective in the least.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 770x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 770x375
>>61156116
In what sense? He definitely was appreciated pretty well compared to this guy
>>
>>61156110
>consistently filling their material with butt-rock guitar solos
Lol, have you ever listened to a single Oasis song? Like, ever? Seriously. That is probably the most remarkably stupid thing I've ever heard. There is so little soloing in any Oasis material. It's literally barre chords, verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Every single song.
>>
>>61156130
Enjoy reading NME for the rest of your miserable life
>>
I listened to what's the story morning glory once and it seems like a pretty good rock album but not a great one.
>>
>>61156135
The general consensus was that they were both just arrogant dickheads, which is true, but most of America missed the subtle humor, especially in the 'I take myself very seriously' mid-90s.
>>
>>61156142
wew that projection lad
>>
>>61156141
Google's right fucking there friendo stop posting anytime now
>>
>>61156165
>I have no retort so I'll just string some words together incoherently and hope nobody notices how abjectly retarded I am
Carry on, then.
>>
>>61156163
>normalpeoplescareme.jpg
>>
>>61156141
Yeah there's a couple of little solos on DM but Noel is more of a riff player. Columbia and Supersonic are good examples.
>>
>>61156179
http://www.last.fm/group/Oasis/forum/6376/_/149769

first result on google

it's not a very short thread either
>>
>>61156202
Referencing a bunch of retarded 14 year olds on last.fm isn't really helping your case, although it does explain a lot.
>>
>>61156219
Don't hurt my shit opinion with facts: the post
>>
Defending Oasis isn't even interesting. It's like trying to convince people to like the show Friends... like here's this super fun, super accessible stuff; if you can't enjoy it it's on you.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 955x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 955x535
>>
>>61156266
>>61156298
have we merged with tumblr?
>>
>>61156230
>idiots posting their opinions on last.fm because I can't support my retarded asseration = facts
Yeah, you sure showed me.
You were wrong dude, it's okay. It happens. There is not a lot of soloing in Oasis material, let alone "consistently filling their material with butt-rock guitar solos". This is why it's important to actually listen to the music you are ostensibly criticizing.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 620x387
I SAID MAYBEEEEEEE
IM GONNA GIVE YOU 800K
BUT AFTER ALLLLLLL
ITS MY DIVORCE SETTLEMENTTTTT
>>
>>61156342
there's enough soloing in Oasis songs for there to be numerous lists and polls to determine which is the best.

Although I wouldn't expect an Oasis fan to accept that they were wrong. Just keep running their mouth like a headless moron. Like their idols.
>>
>tfw first guitar song I learned was wonderwall

I'm still too embarrassed to even say it irl
>>
>>61154995
They make generic copy-paste trash with zero inspiration or originality, so no I do not like them
>>
>>61156990
Same. It comes from being a teenager in the 90s. You just start with the simple rock songs, Wonderwall, Smells Like Teen Spirit, all that shite.
>>
What's their best song and why is it Whatever?
>>
Oasis is great.
Their best song is Columbia or Some Might Say.
>>
>>61157108
I can agree with that.
>>
>>61157108
IM FREEEEEEEEEE
TO DO WHATEVER I
>>
>>61157170
HOW SWEET TO BE AN IDIOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9N95OKUUQ
>>
Shit

>Does X board like Y
is a surefire way to let people know you are new
>>
>>61156135
Americans are too retarded to understand british humour
>>
>>61157108
SOME MIGHT SAYYYYYYYYY WE WILL FIND A BRIGHTER DAYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>61156067
nearly every one of their songs is 4 and a half minutes +..
>>
LASAGNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
SUNSHEEEEIIIIIIIIINE
>>
>>61157809
*Perfect 4-minute pop songs

A thousand apologies
>>
>>61155015
>But I always watch interviews with Noel Gallagher because he's fucking hilarious

the guy really could have been a stand up comedian
>>
>>61157499
Yeah I know right, m8 XD. Americans can never understand the complexities of our superior british humour folded over a thousand times. All hail the queen, praise allah!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynr3gaikgxI
>>
>>61156990
mine was live forever
>>
>>61157898
this
>>
>>61154995
i'm listening to Definitely Maybe for the first time in a few years and Slide Away has got me feeling pretty nostalgic t b h
>>
>>61157247
neil innes is so underrated
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.