[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/88765/Read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>David Bowie was offered a knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II and turned it down.

>Bowie chose not to become Sir David in 2003. Unlike Sir Mick Jagger, Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John, Sir David Bowie was not to be.

>Bowie explained his decision saying, “I would never have any intention of accepting anything like that. I seriously don’t know what it’s for. It’s not what I spent my life working for.”

that's pretty /mu/
>>
queen bowie
>>
>>61154613
we heroes now
>>
>>61154603
*tips fedora*
>>
Well all those three guys are talentless hacks. Why would he want to be like them?
>>
>>61154603
I think it's because it's kind of a stamp that says "Old, Irrelevant Musician of Bygone Era".

And Bowie is constantly try to re-invent himself as youthful and trendy.
>>
>>61154603
Why do we have 5 Bowie threads right now?
>>
>>61154635
He would rather be a tripfag.
>>
>>61154643
Because he's releasing a new album, and so he's relevant.

Did you forget the 50+ garbage TPAB threads when that was released?
>>
>>61154663
We will probably start to hate Bowie ironically, then unironically like we do everything else.
>>
>>61154603
Why would this coke sniffing faggot be worthy of Knighthood?
>>
>>61154708
Bowie has always been liked here, but there's a lot of pre-teens on this board now so who knows.
>>
>>61154782
because he did way more than them
he's %100 cocaine now
>>
>>61154788
I don't give a fuck, I just go where /mu/ goes.
>>
>>61154782
jagger has admitted to using hard drugs throughout his career, mccartney has also admitted to drug use fueling his most acclaimed albums, and elton john is a faggot.

why wouldn't bowie deserve one?
>>
File: 1450034551903.jpg (70 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
1450034551903.jpg
70 KB, 640x456
>>61154796
>he did way more than them
probably true desu
>>
>>61154816
He would rather fuck Lorde instead
>>
>>61154861
me too
>>
Bowie is so far above any of that it's almost offensive to offer it to him. No, the ultimate honour would be for Bowie to email you and say that he liked your record, or to ask you to play on his.
>>
>>61154643

Why don't you fuck off to one of the 50 cvck threads or the waifu jackoffs or memegrips?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.