[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard that the Blackstar album was leaked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1446310491979.jpg (50 KB, 1024x815) Image search: [Google]
1446310491979.jpg
50 KB, 1024x815
I heard that the Blackstar album was leaked.
>>
i didn't
>>
>overblown glorified compilation
>leaked
>>
I've been listening to his stuff for the first time in preparation for blackstar. 70s is great. Let's Dance is a pretty good pop record, tonight is meh, Never Let Me Down is a fucking pile.
Tin Machine was alright.
Black Tie was alright
Outside was pretty damn good
Earthling was decent
Hours was SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Does he get better again?
>>
Reality and Heathen are decent, Next Day is better than his previous two decades of work.
>>
>>61153701
>Hours was SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

found the pleb
>>
>>61153701
No... untill now
>>
>>61153685
It was me Bowie I'm sorry
>>
>>61154294
Hours is only good if you're a dad. It's the most Adult Contemporary album in the world.
>>
File: unimpressed bowie on holiday.jpg (131 KB, 634x899) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed bowie on holiday.jpg
131 KB, 634x899
>>61154315
>>
>>61153701
Listen to Reality
>>
>>61154187
>>61154418
Reality (Columbia, 2003) is another terrible collaboration with Visconti. There is one song (New Killer Star) that could have fit on any of his previous albums (but would have been considered filler on most albums by other artists). Bowie used to be "style" for the sake of style, and he was briefly a real musician (no, not the collaborations with Brian Eno, but the mid 1990s). Now he seems after the ultimate definition of bad taste, while explaining what an incompetent musician he is. One of the most over-rated artists of his generation, David Bowie could have spared himself the embarrassing prophecy of "Never Get Old": as a matter of fact, he was born old. 3/10
>>
>>61154538
>he was born old
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>61153694
>glorified as a derogatory
>the point you are raising against it is literally "people like it"
>>
>>61154554
the curious case of benjamin bowie
>>
>>61154559
Glorified isn't necessarily derogatory, it just mean it's been bestowed with recognition and glory. In this case a "glorified compilation album" would be that: a compilation album is being glorified to the status of studio; with the implication that it is unworthy of the title. That's his "point", not "people like it".

I don't agree with it, at all, but holy shit nigga, learn to read.
>>
>>61154583
thanks

but its true. a full 3/4 of whats been leaked so far is previously released.
>>
>>61154583
dunno which part of "glorified as a derogatory" makes you think I meant that it can only be used as a derogatory

surely if I am pointing out that it is being used in that way rather than it just being a given that it is derogatory in all contexts that's fairly clear

that was literally my point, it's a stupid word to use in a derogatory way because what it implies is for no reason specifically a bad thing in any way whatsoever

wew
>>
>>61154559
no I'm literally not and that is a very common use of the word.
>>
>>61154621
It's not being used as derogatory. At all. Jesus fucking christ, mate.
>>
Heathen is one of the best Bowie albums of all time. It's on par with The Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory and Low.
>>
File: 1450401284055.gif (3 MB, 399x265) Image search: [Google]
1450401284055.gif
3 MB, 399x265
>>61154650
>overblown glorified compilation
>leaked

no, you're right
this is not derogatory at all
>>
>>61154398
>bowie after watching Warcraft movie.jpg
>>
>>61154650
I now you're trying to help me but it kinda is. Although that was not the original contention which was that it denoted popularity.
>>
>>61154683
*know
>>
>>61154538
Stale copy pasta
>>
How is Black Star a compilation?
>>
>>61154855
a full 3/4 of whats been leaked so far is previously released
>>
>>61154864
what?
>>
>>61154937
previously released on other albums

blackstar is the only debut song so far

sue, whore and lazarus have all been previously released whether or not they're different recording sessions
>>
>>61154538
>tfw you love Reality
>>
>>61155056
Reality is great, don't be sad. Days is a Bowie masterpiece.
>>
I'm not seeing the issue here. Do people usually cry about the inclusion of a single on an upcoming album? Just seems like people looking for an excuse to hate on Bowie to me.
>>
>>61155238
true Whore MAYBE qualifies but Sue and Lazarus definitely don't. Sue was from an actual compilation and Lazarus is some broadway musical shit.
>>
>>61155238
oh and yeah a single released OVER A YEAR before blackstar

so yeah I think thats fair game for getting shit

album single my ass
>>
You know normally I'd be all over that leak, but not this time. This album is shaping up to be something special; a masterpiece and a gift from Bowie. I wish to enjoy it the way that Bowie really intended: to stare at the album graphics, to cue it up on my hifi.

Really the only album I've been really excited for since Songs for the Deaf from QOTSA. That was no masterpiece, but it was a good record.
>>
>>61155345
>Really the only album I've been really excited for since Songs for the Deaf from QOTSA
Seriously? Either you're exaggerating or it must suck to be you.
>>
>>61155266

Bowie's done stuff like that before. Deal with it.
>>
>>61155056

>bring me the disco king

2gud.
>>
File: swag (3).png (407 KB, 465x683) Image search: [Google]
swag (3).png
407 KB, 465x683
>>61153701

I recommend that you put more effort into Tonight and Never Let Me Down, especially the latter. Listen to them with intent, ignore the ghosts of past critics. They are albums of their time, but good albums.
>>
>>61155361

No true. I'm probably a lot older than you though and after that slight disappointment, I've liked records, was enthused by Bowie's comeback. But not like excited and counting down the days.
>>
>>61155266
Singles are nearly always like that, it doesn't matter if it's a week, a month, or a year. That's why I very rarely buy them. If you already handed over the money for the single, intend to buy the album, and are now feeling a bit ripped off and just want to vent about that, then okay, but we both know that's not the case, and that you're just finding any excuse to bash Bowie.
>>
>>61155266

A re-recording? I'd pay to hear it again.
>>
>>61154570
Underrated post
>>
>>61155627
>and that you're just finding any excuse to bash Bowie.
fair enough but I still insist my points still stand and its a huge difference between a single being released a few weeks before the album and over a year. the point being that a single that much older than the album is fully intended as a stand alone single. case in point I believe its being recorded again for the album. even bowie concedes that at least that recording is fully intended to stand alone.

so yeah let me know when he actually releases a brand new album. I won't be holding my breath.
>>
>>61153694
>trashes an album that literally hasn't been released yet
>>
>>61154966
Sue and tie a pity are being reworked on the album
>>
>>61153701
You listened to all those and you didnt listen to his best albums Ziggy, Hunky Dory, Heroes and Low?
>>
>>61155056
It's a good album but the cover art is just awful, awful, awful
>>
>>61155266
don't be retarded, this used to be the case all the time... the vinyl single of Suffragette City was released during the Station To Station campaign for christ's sake
>>
>>61155056
It's a great album, don't listen to the trolls
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.