[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do non-Mexicans actually listen to narco music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Halcon.jpg (464 KB, 851x2544) Image search: [Google]
Halcon.jpg
464 KB, 851x2544
I looked up some of the lyrics to this stuff, and those guys are singing about specific streets in specific towns in northern Mexico and are calling out specific individuals in local cartels. It seems super-parochial.
>>
They do. It's not just some, but thousands. Lots of norteno is narco shit. has been for decades.
>>
File: chalino-sanchez-7[1].jpg (1 MB, 1194x1193) Image search: [Google]
chalino-sanchez-7[1].jpg
1 MB, 1194x1193
>>61152528
Well I guess Mexican-Americans still listen to guys like Chalino Sanchez, but this really doesn't seem like music with a broad-based appeal if you aren't already familiar with the underlying culture.
>>
>>61152497
No. those are cult like things, you have to be at least informed of the feats and identities of the character of the lyrics. Having said that some of the country/ narcocorridos music appeals to the blue collar workers and its a reflection of the current society.
>>
The only subculture worse than this is rockabilly/roller derby.
>>
>>61152863
Ha!
>I kinda like Matchbox, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTY0AYN_Ioo
>>
What are some good norteno albums? Most of the shit I hear on the Mexican radio stations doesn't sound too good
>>
>>61152497
Watch the narcocultura doc on netflix
>>
>>>/adv/16584679
>>
File: 34565666.png (49 KB, 182x175) Image search: [Google]
34565666.png
49 KB, 182x175
>>61153182
>that whole thread
>>
>>61152971
It's an acquired (or inborn) taste. It's tough to say that any particular album is going to stand out from the others in such a way that you'd enjoy it above the other ones.

Some of the older stuff is kind of interesting. Rigo Tovar is something of a legend beyond just northern Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6hukp0NjM0
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.