[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who was the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (959 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
959 KB, 2400x2400
So who was the best?
>>
Beatles
>>
Bonzo
>>
>>61144138
The one on the middle.
>>
>>61144138
Beatles, best albums overall
>>
JIMMY PAGE FUCK MY PUSSY!!!
>>
Beach Boys

If you weren't a filthy cynical Britton you would get it
>>
Pink Floyd by a wide margin
>>
The Beatles > Pink Floyd > Led Zeppelin > Stones

Beach Boys is better than all of them, of course
>>
>>61144138
the beatles
and the moody blues beat all of the others here too
>>
>>61144289
Floyd>Beatles>Zep>Stones
>>
*official objective and correct answer*

floyd zep beatles stones
>>
>>61144254
Only correct answer

Floyd > Beats > Led > Stones
>>
>>61144226
are you 14?
>>
people really had long hair back then
>>
Beach Boys
>>
>>61144138
KILL MARRY FUCK
GO

(as in kill/marry/fuck the WHOLE band, not individual band members)
>>
>>61144138
beatles > pink floyd > stones > led zeppelin
>>
>people putting Stones last
mmm the delicious pleb
>>
stones > pink floyd = led zeppelin > beatles

not saying they're bad, just that they're the 4th best
>>
>>61144593
i put them 3th
is that good?>>61144577
>>
led zep > beatles > floyd = stones
>>
beatles > stones > floyd > zeppelin
>>
Floyd>Beatles>Zeppelin>Stones
>>
Bonzo, of course
>>
Led Zeppelin > Pink Floyd > Rolling Stones > The Beatles

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are on a par but I'd give it to Zepplin as Pink Floyd's later albums are pretty safe and quite painful. Rolling Stones are fantastic.

The Beatles are a total pain in the arse >it's john no ringo no it was george foreveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Paul! it was Paul oh who cartes
>>
Slayer> Pink Floyd> Sound Garden> The The
>>
>>61144528
Underrated
>>
So much plebeian in only one thread

Beatles > Floyd > Zep > Stones
>>
>>61144232
>filthy cynical Brits don't get Beach Boys

Those comments are quite laughable when you consider that it was THE BRITISH who openly embraced Pet Sounds when it first came out, while the U.S. fan base kept wanting the band to play surf music. In fact, when The Beach Boys went to England for the first time, they were quite surprised that the audience only wanted to hear Pet Sounds and not any of the earlier stuff. It should also be noted that another cynical Brit by the name of Keith Moon was a very big Beach Boys fan, and it has been remarked by Pet Townsend that if Keith Moon could have his way, The Who would've been Britain's premier Beach Boys tribute band.
>>
Pink Floyd > Beatles > Led Zeppelin >>>>> Roling Stones
>>
>>61144593
Lmao this contrarian
The stones suck ass
>>
Floyd > Beatles > Stones > Zep
>>
dumb question
>>
File: monkees-the-51af3dba59b49.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
monkees-the-51af3dba59b49.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
only correct answer
>>
>>61144138
I don't know that any one of them were the best. They were all very good at what they did.

Zeppelin - Their songs were arranged very well. All very talented with their instruments, respectively.

Beatles - Lennon and McCartney were both gifted songwriters. McCartney's better in my opinion. They knew how to market themselves and adapted to each era easily. The original Backstreet Boys.

Pink Floyd - Brought progressive rock to the forefront. I don't believe we'd be talking about them like we do today if Syd Barrett had remained in the band.

Stones - They wrote classic tunes, but I think it's Keith and Mick really sold the band. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll, if you will. Very enigmatic personalities.

My favorite's probably Led Zeppelin though. To me, there were more "good" songs on each of their albums than say 1 or 2 catchy ones. i.e., I-IV.
>>
>>61144509
this is correct
>>
>>61146183
this
>>
File: ringo.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ringo.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>61146781
>>61146794
>>
>>61144207
This guy has the right idea
>>
>>61144138
objectively

zep>floyd>beatles>stones
>>
I think the Stones and Zep have the classic rock songs, Beatles had the best pop songs and Floyd was not as good as genesis.
>>
Beatles and Floyd are pretty interchangeable. I don't really care which one people put first (personally I put the Beatles first). All that matters is that they're both better than Zep and that Zep is better than the Stones because that's the way it is
>>
>all these filthy contrarians hating on based Zeppelin because "muh dadrock"
>mfw they'll go to great lenghts to be wrong, just because their resent their fathers
>mfw, no matter how good the Beatles and Pink Floyd were, their success was mostly because of marketing
>mfw no other band had such a consistent career
>mfw Stones sucks
>mfw people in this thread will try to debate these facts
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 311x241) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 311x241
>>61144509
this desu senpai
>>
Floyd > Zep > Beatles >>>>>>>>>> Stones

Never really cared much for the Stones, but that's just me.
>>
The Who
>>
>>61144577
I agree with this.

>>61148766
Honestly I don't get why people like Led Zeppelin so much. They were god-like musicians, but mediocre songwriters. I mean they wrote solid tunes but they weren't very original. Whereas all the other three bands developed a unique sound of their own based on their influences, Led Zepp just made butt rock and outright plagiarized other songs.
>>
>>61148982
have you heard their acoustic shit
>>
>>61148995
No, I'll give it a try - any song recos?
>>
>>61148766
>facts
also, they stole their music
>>
Beatles = Stones >> Floyd > Zeppelin

In no facet are Led Zeppelin better than the Stones, but I won't argue anything else.
>>
>>61149073
in general i recommend that's the way, the rain song, ten years gone, over the hills, hey hey what can i do, bron yr aur, the ocean, friends
>>
>>61144138
'65-'69 Pink Floyd is the best.
>>
>>61148982
They were the greatest blues-rock musicians ever. They reinterpreted the whole genre, and were largely responsible for the foundation of classic rock as it is. Their folk material was also amazing and really diverse. Despite what people may say, they were quite a versatile band in terms of influences and experimenting different sounds, later on in their career. Sure, most people know them for a few catchy tunes, but they achieved much more than that. Their whole discography is precious.
As for the comparison between groups, I'd leave Pink Floyd apart, as it was from a whole different style, and I consider them to be at the same level as Led Zeppelin.
But please, name songs from The Beatles or The Rolling Stones that can compare to Dazed And Confused, How Many More Times, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway To Heaven, The Battle Of Evermore, When The Levee Breaks, The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song, No Quarter, Kashmir, The Rover, In My Time Of Dying, In The Light, Ten Years Gone, Achiles Last Stand, Tea For One, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Carouselambra, Hot Dog, In The Evening...
>>
File: The Kinks.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Kinks.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>61144138
>>
>>61148869
>>61149315
These are both way better bands than the Stones. Hell, The Who might even be better than all the others.
>>
>>61149295
i think people who dont like lz as a whole want more "catchiness" and sing-a-long ability like hooks and stuff but lz never aimed to be marketed like a pop group. i think people dont understand that and write them off by saying they're not good songwriters.
>>
>>61149295
>How Many More Times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQskReNjbw
>When the Levee Breaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
>In My Time of Dying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rteKaMgHzOg
>Nobody's Fault But Mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c
Yeah, they "reinterpreted" it alright
>>
File: 61tLUHdpvZL.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61tLUHdpvZL.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>61149315
my dad calls them "the kings" lel
Also, why is pic related such an underrated album? Part II is really great as well.
>>
>>61146271
Last train to clarksville is golden.
>>
>>61149487
They did, their "versions" of these songs are so far from the originals, you can barely see the resemblance. The chord progression is clearly different, and the lyrics are also altered. I am aware of the whole plagiarizing thing that LZ did. But you cannot say that their songs hold more than a slight resemblance to the originals.

Also, to quote Ian Anderson, who's been rumored to be a victim of plagiarism by the Eagles:
>“It’s just the same chord sequence,” Anderson says. “It’s in a different time signature, different key, different context. And it’s a very, very fine song that they wrote, so I can’t feel anything other than a sense of happiness for their sake. And I feel flattered that they came across that chord sequence. But it’s difficult to find a chord sequence that hasn’t been used, and hasn’t been the focus of lots of pieces of music.”
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.