[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Reccomendation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Basically, ask for recs, get recs, if people are generous enough.
I'm looking for albums stylistically similar to Weasels Ripped My Flesh by the Mothers of Invention.
>>
Brazilian music with gothic lyrics that isn't Juçara Marçal. Because I've already listened to Encarnado a thousand times.
>>
File: recentfaves.png (2 MB, 840x910) Image search: [Google]
recentfaves.png
2 MB, 840x910
these have been my recent faves.
would rec shit to you two but I've got nothing
>starting to know enough music to know exactly what i'm looking for
>still not enough to rec to others
>>
File: 2016 Rock albums.jpg (338 KB, 1303x573) Image search: [Google]
2016 Rock albums.jpg
338 KB, 1303x573
Please rec me the most inaccessible rock albums.
This is what I like.
>>
>>61139104
op here
>VU&N
Have you tried listening to White Light/White Heat? It's like Banana but it's more edgier and based on improvisation.
>toe, mogwai, boris
Talk Talk is sort of drone-ish post-rock, but only for their last two albums. If you don't like jazz though, stay away.
>Forever Changes
If you're looking for more of the same, some of the Byrd's stuff, or the Association. But if you're looking for more experimentation, try looking into the San Francisco scene, especially the Grateful Dead 67-69 era. The Acid Tests aren't bad either.
>>
>>61139161
Follakzoid - S/T
>>
>>61139208
Thanks OP ur a good friend
>>
>>61139104
I hate to be a dick but based on your "chart" and the fact that it's the same background and style of so many other carts here it looks like you're just piggy backing popular /mu/ taste instead of forming your own opinion. Just something to consider... please just don't turn into one of those people that use music as a fashion accessory.
>>
>>61139013
obvious, but Burnt Weeny Sandwich by the Mothers
>>
any music that combines the best of slowcore and neo-psychadelia?
>>
>>61139161
If you're into weird rock, try these.
Tipographica
Cosmic invention (help your satori mind)
J.A. Seezer
Koenji Hyakkei
Wha ha ha

Also check out parable of arable land if you somehow haven't.
>>
>>61139527
Thanks for the recs.
>>
Any recs for someone looking for super pleb top 40 type shit but won't be recognized since it's not too popular? This girl and I trade music but I can only trade so much power metal, the other music she likes, before running out.
>>
>>61139714
Carly Rae Jespen's new album
>>
>>61139925
Too popular. Its all about finding new music or stuff we don't listen to often but I can't drop mu bleep bloop albums on her. Tried once with autechre and she was wondering why I listen to robot whirrs
>>
>>61139955
I really like Lena Park
>>
>>61140380
I haven't tried dropping kpop yet, I'll see if I get a positive response.
>>
>>61140602
If she does, move on to Tatsuro Yamashita and Kojima Mayumi. Might want to consider some poppier prog (in the land of gray and pink).
>>
I would love to get some recs. I love Mark Lanegan, Tim Buckley, Type O and Tom Waits. The more experimental, the better.
>>
>>61139013
does anyone have a pdf of any of the song on this album??!!
!
!
!
????
>>
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask in, but I'm looking for a specific song, based on some pretty sketchy info.
Long story short, after a gig I find myself with a load of people I'd never met before - I was smoking outside and struck up a conversation with one of them, we hit it off and I ended up back at theirs.
Anyway, we started smoking and playing songs on youtube or whatever, then this one lassie puts on this mental song, just some guy dressed as a clown. It was pretty repetitive, video was black and white, I can't remember much since I was stoned out of my head and generally just freaked out by the clown.
He looked pretty mental.
I know it's not much to go on, but this has been bugging me for ages
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.