[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, since this is a music forum I assume you all play instruments.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: big-muff.jpg (50 KB, 700x698) Image search: [Google]
big-muff.jpg
50 KB, 700x698
Hi guys, since this is a music forum I assume you all play instruments.

Thinking abuot adding a EHX Big Muff Pedal to my board.

Thoughts, opinions on it ?
>>
It's pretty solid, it'll give you that classic rock sound and is fairly versatile.
I'd recommend checking out the Boss Powerstack as well, it's similar but has a little bit of a thinner, noisier sound, which I like
>>
thats a big muff
>>
Forgot to add: if you want a Big Muff you can get clones for better prices. People may try to get you to waste money on the Russian meme version, but the sound is identical.
>>
>>61137670
r u gonna play stoner metal?
>>
>>61137755
π u
>>
>>61137670
you can get some pretty phat sounds out of it; recommended if you're looking for a nice fuzzy sound
>>
File: 501644000000000-00-500x500.jpg (199 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
501644000000000-00-500x500.jpg
199 KB, 500x500
Does anyone know if the version with the tone wicker is worth it?

If it's the regular Big Muff with some added control then one can only benefit from it, right?
>>
the muff while its a great pedal doesnt cut through the mix in a live setting if im not mistaken because it lacks mids, so you are going to have to buy an eq or boost the mids with another pedal
>>
>>61137872
I have the version with the tone wicker and i like it a lot. That said I've never compared it to the other version, just to itself without the wicker switched on. there's probably no difference.
>>
>>61137670
I like it quite a bit, but it has it's contexts. If you want a sharper/noisier tone, I would recommend perhaps looking somewhere else, but if you crave some thick fuzz tone, then the Big Muff is probably your best option
>>
Anyone wanna give thoughts on my pedal wishlist?

MXR univibe
small stone
big muff pi w/ tone wicker
MXR carbon copy analog delay
Fulltone OCD overdrive
mr black supermoon
>>
if i want to play a fuzzy sound like nmh and the microphones will a Fuzz Factory do the trick? i can get one very cheap but if the big muff or the green big muff are a better choice then i won't even bother to get it
>>
>>61137670
Had a mate in an old band who picked one of these up for about £15 from a market in my city, pretty decent pedal, although he always used to put it up way too high.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.