[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ likes Neil Young?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: neil3.jpg (11 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
neil3.jpg
11 KB, 400x303
Does /mu/ likes Neil Young?
>>
Don't know about /mu/ but I do like neil young
>>
Nothing will top his stuff with Crazy Horse
>>
What kind of dumb ass question is this.

Of course
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 807x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 807x643
Yes very much he is a living legend and I will actually cry when he passes away
>>
The GOAT
>>
>>61136271
He's fucking shit. Just lame good ol boy dadfolk, shit singer too.
>>
Can someone post the yt link to the awkward interview where the fucking retarded kid interviews him?
>>
>>61136271
Greatest songwriter to ever live, after Dylan that is.
>>
>>61136529
Didn't he get mad at Trump for using his music?
>>
>>61136529
As much as I like Neil it was pretty funny when he got completely BTFO by Donald J Trump
>>
After the Gold Rush album > Harvest album

but

Harvest > anything off After the Gold Rush
>>
>>61136625
Everbody Knows ia better than both.
>>
>>61136593
I'd put L.Cohen above Neil Young, personally, but yeah, especially Young's straight up folk, he's up there
>>
>>61136625
Zuma > Harvest > After the Gold Rush

Fuck you, I'm right.
>>
>>61136759
Cohen is a really predictable songwriter
>>
>>61137184
Not him but Cohen's predictability is a good thing, he is consistently great
>>
>>61137184
>>61137227
Both true. We used to have this game where we'd make up Leonard Cohen songs. As long as you keep hitting the same two strings and get the phrasing right, you can make anything sound like a Cohen song. 'I walked with a hippopotamus. (guitar). In an avalanche of toothpicks." It's easy. He's a brilliant poet so he's great with the words, but not always so much with the music part.
>>
so many unforgettable tunes, also many underated albums though because i think many people group him in with old dadfolk acts of the 70's when most of his 90's> work is gold
>>
One of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time imho.
>>
Everybody Knows this is Nowhere > Tonight's the Night > Rust Never Sleeps > After the Gold Rush > Harvest = On The Beach > Zuma > the rest
>>
>>61136644
this desu
his tracks with CSNY are solid, too.
Helpless and Country Girl are great
>>
File: ny844165_01.jpg (248 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
ny844165_01.jpg
248 KB, 1425x1425
This is currently my favorite album of his. It's incredible, the trance-like effect they're able to achieve, leading you through all kinds of different passages and terrains. The production brilliant too, which is impressive being that Neil made this directly after Brigs died. It would sound almost spooky if it weren't for how blissful the music sounded. I love it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.