[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (171 KB, 886x886) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
171 KB, 886x886
fuck music
>>
>>61134343
Listening to Starflyer 59's Americana right now, really liking the harder drums. They're louder and more powerful than they were on Silver and Gold, anyway.
>>
>>61134403
I almost feel like SF59's shoegaze stuff isn't even really shoegaze though. They have the softly sung vocals under the heavy and distorted (not heavily distorted, don't get that shit twisted) guitars, but their songs generally don't have that reverberating sound that's so characteristic to shoegaze.
>>
>>61134433
the softly sung vocals under the heavy and distorted guitars are enough to make that shoegaze for sure.
>>
>>61134403
Yeah they're great, but what really puts them above and beyond other gaze bands are the clean guitar leads that sometimes decorate their songs. It always sounds so beautifully fragile. Very very heavy music, sonically and emotionally.
>>
>>61134403
>All those tags labeling SF59's albums as 'Christian' on Allmusic
fucking disgraceful
>>
I've been wanting to make shoegaze for a long time, so lately I'm trying to limit how much shoegaze I listen to so that I don't end up sounding like a ripoff of an existing shoegaze artist.

How do you guys think that'll affect it? I really don't want to end up accidentally plagiarizing a band I like or anything.
>>
>>61134504
It only will if you suck
>>
>>61134513
I probably do but whatever just gotta do it
>>
>>61134521
everyone sucks at first but if you continue sucking you're only going to sound like what you try to emulate
>>
>>61134529
All I need to do is try really hard not to suck
>>
>>61134541
No

You need to try really hard to get better every time you seemingly fail
>>
>>61134547
Sounds like a plan.
I might as well keep posting results here whenever I have something. Probably would be good to share original stuff with /shugazi/ too.
>>
>>61134403
Best use of a Hammond organ on any shoegaze album.
>>
shoegaze is great
>>
>>61134599
Why would you think that?
>>
>>61134648
Shoegaze is like you can tell it's this crazy sonic whirlwind, but it's also equally gentle
>>
Is there a band now that is as cool as the JAMC was in the 80s?
>>
>>61135377
Nothing will EVER be as cool as the JAMC was in the 80s.
>>
>>61137541
dead thread, dead genre
>>
That neckbeard MOON sure ripped off that fucking artwork on his EP.
>>
This is Ringo Deathstarr song is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVv5G1jkW4
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.