[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good way to learn how to improvise on bass guitar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 484x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 484x329
Should i just mess around w/ patterns in a scale or use different arpeggios or what; i kind of struggle with transitioning from one musical idea to the next. Btw im playing it as a lead in a noise rock duo if that matters.
Pls help.
>>
>>61134049
>playing it as a lead
meh
>noise rock duo
bandcamp link now.

Also you might wanna try listening to Ebu Gogo for inspiration
>>
>lightningbolt.gif
>>
>>61134049
Learn a few scales (like all the modal keys and how to play interchangeably between them) and some basic rhytms patterns (syncopated 16th notes, triplets, sextuplets and combinations of these etc.) And also just listen to how a good solo bassists (or guitarist) plays, copy them, and then develop a unique style from there. Though I am not really sure what solo bassists style would fit for inspiration to noiserock, maybe Billy Sheehan or Cliff Burton? And yeah listen to Lightning bolt aswell lol
>>
>>61134049
I would recommend to listen to Jaco Pastorius' discography, lotsa great inspiration there.
>>
>>61134049
practice what you can't do until you can do it
>>
>>61134544
Don't have bandcamp yet. Still in the early stages.

>>61134676
>>61134897
Ty i will check this out.

Brian Gibson from Lightning Bolt is initially why i started playing bass but im more inspired my the instrumentation and sound of Dope Body.

Btw does anyone know what pedals can get me the sounds from this video.
http://youtu.be/LRi4zmoxumE
http://youtu.be/S6WNtre_1Ng
>>
Buy a looper, play the rhythm section then play over it with the bass in a solo aspect. Preferably play 4 chords and then play in the major/minor scale in which the chords are in.
>>
just learn the root note of the chord being played and hit it to the snare drum as best you can
then change to teh next root note
>>
Brian Gibson please leave.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.