[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me albums that sound like Tago Mago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 81lWZAxa11L._SL1200_.jpg (291 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
81lWZAxa11L._SL1200_.jpg
291 KB, 1200x1200
There's not even another Can album that really sounds like it. Has anyone else done anything that comes close?
>>
what parts of it specifically?
>>
>>61133170
More disc one than two, Aumgn and Peking O are cool but I was thinking more Mushroom and Halleluhwah
>>
>>61133229
have you heard Mother Sky by them?
>>
Ścianka - Statek Kosmiczny or Dni Wiatru
>>
>>61133545
Thanks for the rec, not really a perfect match to my mind but I see where you're coming from especially on Statek Kosmiczny (it has the same kind of garage rock grit that's less present on my 2nd place pic Future Days; I'm thinking now this is probably the big difference I notice between the two albums). I'm liking it either way
>>
File: ornette_dancing_in_your_head.jpg (160 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ornette_dancing_in_your_head.jpg
160 KB, 600x600
bit of a long shot, but I'm going to recommend checking out Ornette Coleman's free funk from the 70's anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23QVY94tAj0
>>
red crayola

maybe a bit far fetched
>>
>>61134096
Yeah if you want something like the rock tracks, check out
Ornette Coleman - Science Fiction
Max Roach - Freedom Now Suite
if you want something like the drone tracks check out taj mahal travellers
>>
>>61133492
Yeah. Not a bad pick, it's definitely one of the most indicative of where they were going next of their pre-Tago Mago tracks but I've never liked it as much as those, sound's still pretty rough and bass line is kinda boring
>>
>>61134096
>>61134144

Ah, I actually remember listening to some tracks from Science Fiction a while back, liked Street Woman. Thanks for the recs, will check those out
>>
the velvet underground
>>
>>61134167
Honey, it's a Can track. The bass is supposed to be boring. Czukay understood his harmonic and rhythmic function in the band really well and was integral to their sound but the actual logistics of creating a sound like Can's involves playing a lot of roots and octaves. He doesn't have the liberty of really going off on more interesting runs because most of their material is comprised of loose jams.
>>
File: liquesd.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
liquesd.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
Liquid Liquid - NY no wave dance funk from 80-83
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL45YOtbuy0
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.