[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to face facts, if you're white and try to get seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: ali g.jpg (61 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
ali g.jpg
61 KB, 625x352
Time to face facts, if you're white and try to get seriously into rap, you're probably not doing to do it well. Your opinions and tastes in the music are always going to be weird. I'm not sure if you guys had a black kid who tried to fit in with his white peers by listening to rock music but always had slightly "off" opinions about it at your school, but that's what you are going to be. You're going to be the rap music version of the kid trying to fit in with a group of rock fans by enthusiastically praising some inscrutable off-color combination of groups like Evanescence and Scorpions. There's nothing wrong with listening to some rap music and having generic, boring, mildly stale opinions (ex. Big Pun was great and Illmatic is an extremely strong album), but for more advanced music discussion you'll really have to stick to the music of your people, like early 90s college rock for example.
>>
>>61130708

*yawn* come on man, noone gives a fuck about you and never will. There's a reason why you post on an anonymous website. Keep writing man, noone is listening.
>>
File: 77.png (196 KB, 327x523) Image search: [Google]
77.png
196 KB, 327x523
lmao look at this pic
>>
>>61130724
are u a white guy who has a lot of flava
>>
>>61130708
Very true. Who is your go to for some killer Brazilian samba? Not some Slav fucker and the same goes for crackas playing hip hop

Straight culture vultures if you ask me
>>
File: Delayclose.jpg (93 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
Delayclose.jpg
93 KB, 380x247
>mfw /mu/ posters feeling a mild twinge of embarrassment and self-identification but also laughing and having a good while reading my insightful and humorous thread on this fantastic music discussion board
>>
>>61130737
This is great OC. I dl'd.
>>
>>61130708
I'm hispanic. I can do anything, essay. We have Big Pun and Jerry Garcia.
>>
>>61130776
>Straight culture vultures if you ask me

This.
>>
>>61130998
The natural question: can you do early 90s college rock? You can't really say that you can do white people music if you can't.
>>
bump4discussion
>>
>>61131995
I feel the same way being non-white and trying to understand the appeal of rock music. It's a challenge to see its attractive traits when listening to it. Help me understand, /mu/.
>>
>>61131072
College rock? Provide an example.
>>
File: EYlKmwV.jpg (61 KB, 720x741) Image search: [Google]
EYlKmwV.jpg
61 KB, 720x741
>>61130708
>I'm not sure if you guys had a black kid who tried to fit in with his white peers by listening to rock music but always had slightly "off" opinions about it at your school

https://vine.co/v/OvA17lX6OMT
>>
>>61132803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjDwZNs6GLs
>>
>>61132904
Lol this is my fucking friend.
>>
>>61133000
His taste is off but not because he's Black, it's because he grew up listening to Metalcore/late Post-Hardcore. All of those kids have horrible tase
>>
>>61132786
it's difficult to explain. you have to learn by osmosis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGLp33KsFE
if you listen to this on repeat until you like it, you will have successfully acquired appreciation for white music.
>>
This discussion is shit. Black/white, Rock/rap. So limiting. There are way too many different genres to be fixated on, let alone the many sub genres within each of these genres.
>>
>>61132961
I fucks with this.. Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dBq_4TsZI

>>61133046
I felt assfucked until the lyrics came on. Besides that, I loved it.

Yep. Hispanics can dig any music no problem.
>>
>>61130998
it's pretty true, Hispanic music culture is pretty much entrenched in every major American genre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrcoGtQDtQ
>>
>>61133498
It also helps being mulatto.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.