[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cage the Elephant - Tell Me I'm Pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1024x1024
Haven't seen any threads about CtE's new album. Been listening to it since this morning, and I'm really digging their new tempo. Favorite song has to be Too Late To Say Goodbye, just think that the pacing is perfect. None of the normies I talk to know about them, which is a shame.

Thoughts?
>>
>>61129635
I think all their other work is decent so I decided to give this a listen. I must say I'm incredibly disappointed. It sounds like Dan Auerbach just shit out all his unused ideas into Cage the Elephant's lap. Now Matt has gobbled them up and given us an extremely boring album. It seems CtE is taking the Arctic Monkey's route where, once successful, they produce lazy and uninspired music. I can only hope the band realizes it's shit and decides to never work with Dan again and they can redeem themselves in a few years.
>>
>>61129707
True, it's easy to see how much influence Black Keys had on them, but I don't get what's happening with all these groups. Arctic Mobkeys did this too; they make loud and fast songs at first, but then completely ditch their fans and make newer, slower, more melodic songs. The difference between Aberdeen and Trouble are huge.
>>
>>61129707
>It seems CtE is taking the Arctic Monkey's route where, once successful, they produce lazy and uninspired music.
Thanks for saving me time mate.
>>
I hate it when scary ginger zombie shows up on my /mu/.
>>
>>61129707
agreed anon
definitely lazy
expected more psychedelia and "emotion"
>>
>>61129901
Sorry my mang, it's just that no one wants to talk about one of my favorite bands. Maybe I should just listen to the normie shit, at least I'll have people to talk to.
>>
>>61130055
>implying Cage the Elephant isn't for normies
>>
>Dan Auerbach ruining something

What's new?
>>
Thank You, Happy Birthday is the best CTE album and that's not saying much but still
>>
>>61130055
You didn't pick the artwork, right?
>>61130071
It's the acceptable level of different within normie culture.
>>
>>61130071
It's pretty much for normies, I know, but it's the only band I like that is somewhat normie. Everything else is off of bandcamp.
>>
>>61130055
cage the elephant are the definition of radio rock, sry ur a pleb
>>
It's a shit album, why would people talk about it
>>
>>61129707
This. After 3 tracks, I was forcing myself to finish it. It's horribly tainted by the producer, removing all the charm and soul that CTE had on their previous albums.
>>
>>61129707
i agree man, it seems everything dan produces turns to shit. especially after how good melophobia was matt just sounds bored when singing instead of songs like spiderhead
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.