[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this was just a fluke right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
So this was just a fluke right?
>>
>>61128958

yep. one album wonder. new album is so shitty it makes me not even want to listen to his older stuff desu
>>
>>61128958
Nah, you probably just listen for the memes
>>
>>61128958
>>61129022
in that MTI is shit, and OA is actually good?

seriously I don't know how you like that shit, boring as fuck. beats aren't very experimental, hooks aren't great, nothing about it is particularly good.
>>
>>61130327
>in that MTI is shit, and OA is actually good?

other way around
>>
Mista Thug Isolation was a solid release
>>
Not really a fluke, the stuff before MTI was good too. He released a couple of decent tracks after MTI but the albums were forgettable.
>>
>>61128958
well uneven compomise and passion sceptre were good. but aside from those yeah i guess so.
>>
>>61130377
>solid
please man, it's the best hip hop album of all time
>>
>>61128958
>The album with Grave Within a Grave, Drain Counter, Slugs, and many other great songs is shit
Nice opinion there m8
>>
>>61128958
If you didn't like OA there's still:
>Evil Deed Blues
>Uneven Compromise
>Weeping Worm
>Instrumental Tapes

All above 7/10
>>
File: 1436338375110.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436338375110.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>>61130479
>please man, it's the best hip hop album of all time

No one beyond brain dead /mu/tants think this.
>>
>>61130544
>>Evil Deed Blues
>>Uneven Compromise
>>Weeping Worm

tfw these will always be his best
>>
>>61132051
It's definitely a favourite of mine.
>>
>>61128958
nobody cares about it except /mu/ who loves to circlejerk of meme rape culture vultures
>>
>>61132084

Having it as your favorite hip hop album of all time is acceptable but claiming it's the greatest is another story.
>>
Yep his only bad work. Luckily everything after it was great.
>>
>>61130479
>best hip hop album of all time
have u ever listened to three 6? any memphis rap at all?
>>
>>61132118

Probably doesn't even know what memphis rap is.
>>
i'm not sure how i feel about OA yet, but even if it is bad, literally everything else he has done has been awesome
>>
>>61128958
OA for AOTY honestly. Still love MTI, but OA is fucking raw.
>>
>>61128958
you know, calling that album a "fluke" was basically the entire point of the album. it wasn't intended to be anything long lasting.
>>
mister thug isolation is mostly little ugly man stealing memphis rap songs and saying Big Words over them
>>
>>61130479

18+ kiddo
>>
name a better album
>>
just listen to 3 6 mafia or dj screw not this bullshit. or hell lil b or main attraktionz if you want cloud rap
>>
Ive been listening to the new album, on my 4th listen now and it's become my favourite album this year. It's the most interesting hip hop release for sure. It's a grower
>>
on doing an evil deed blues is the best thing he ever did, that song is untouchable, one of the best things ive heard
>>
>>61135239

where can I download said album friend
>>
>>61128958
lum had some great early music, mti included, and i really enjoyed weeping worm, but other than that meh.
>>
>>61136046
not said friend, but here <3 https://liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/oblivion-access
>>
MTI was fun for a while, but the camp got kind of overwhelming. Hooks are kind of a crutch for a lot of the songs. There are a few tracks that are solid gold.

Third Side of Tape was fantastic but was hard to listen to because of the format. I wouldn't even call it a hiphop album though.

>>61136035

I haven't listened to all of LUM works but this is definitely my favorite track from him.

The new album may trump it though. I'm on my second listen and Slugs is a mindblowingly good track holy shit.
>>
>>61134071
They are just not the same though. I feel like you're name dropping without ever having listened to any of those artists
>>
>tfw the only sincere thing about his music is when he tries to comment on the industry
>>
>>61132653
They're both great.
>>
File: 1450038301314.jpg (83 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1450038301314.jpg
83 KB, 500x714
>Hivemind /mu/tants in this thread
Swear y'all do less thinking for yourself than the master's army.
>>
>>61134071
>But muh classics

Ugly expands on all of it, just because it doesn't sound like your precious chopped and screwed shit doesn't make it shit
>>
>OBLIVION ACCESS IS NOT A CLUB RECORD. THERE ARENT ANY HIT SONGS.

>IT'S JUST ME AND A FRIEND SORTING THROUGH A BATHTUB OF MY SHIT AND GRIEVANCES IN A BASEMENT FOR A MONTH SO THE WATER COULD FINALLY DRAIN OUT AND I COULD GO HOME.

Get rekt, poptimists
>>
>>61130327
>beats aren't very experimental
are you trying to imply that being experimental is the same as good? the beats may not have the nfluences of his later works but they are catchy af and are at the same level as the classic memphis stuff

>hooks aren't great
are we both talking about the album that has Throw Dem Gunz,
Bitch I'm Lugubrious and Slick Rick?
>>
>>61132118
MTI is better than Three 6. just because they did it earlier doesn't mean shit
>>
>>61134071
>i only listen to REAL memphis shit, 3 6 mafia, dj screw, the list goes on...
>>
everyone on /mu/ with an opinion about LUM knows nothing about the project and probably didn't read the pdf that came with oblivion access
>>
>>61134071
ugly mane isn't cloud rap, quit huffing computer duster

>>61139140
this
>>
>>61132118
>>61134071

>white kids trying to sound cool can only name two memphis rappers at best
>>
>>61139483
lel this sounds like when death grips fans were justifying the penis

>y-you know nothing about the creative process! you just don't get it

fucking embarrasing gimmick
>>
>>61139635
>that moment when you realize LUM fans are just DG fans
>>
>>61128958
I like how you can tell who only listens to hip hop because "le funny hood muzik" by how they feel about Oblivion Access
>>
>>61139682
Yeah, its so much deeper. These fags will never understand the deepness of Ugly Mane.
>>
>>61130544
>tfw motherfuckers always say Weeping Worm instead of denoting Passion Sceptre as its own thing

goddammit

also while that track is still my favorite OA is fucking flawless
>>
>>61132118
Three 6 isn't even that great outside of Da Devil's Playground and thevreleases they drew from for Vol. 1

Lo Key, Criminal Mafia, 196 Clique are where it's at

also Graveyard Productions, despite being responsible for one of the most beautiful and depressing hip hop tracks ever, is as a whole rather bad
>>
>>61128958
I liked his three sided tape projects but none of them are as good as this album. New one i havent listened to yet. Have a nice day friend :)
>>
Nice b8
Three sided 1 : 8/10
Three sided 2 : 9/10
Three sided 3 : 9/10
Mista thug : 10/10
Trick Dice : 8/10
Oblivion : 8/10
>>
>>61141074
PLAYAZ CIRCLE: 9/10
TST1: 7/10
TST2: 5/10
TST3: 8/10
MTI: 10/10
Trick Dice: 3/10
OA: 10/10

TRUE.
>>
>>61141253
>grading something a 10/10 less than 24 hours after it was released

do you realize what a joke your opinion is?
>>
File: mahu1g.jpg (47 KB, 512x482) Image search: [Google]
mahu1g.jpg
47 KB, 512x482
>>61139751
>196 Clique

shut the fuck up everyone who likes that group are the biggest contrarians on the planet, they are so ridiculoiusly inspired by Three 6 it makes me sick, so many stolen lines, beat patterns etc. In their music, which i know i cant say much since Three 6 stole a lot of their shit too but seriously they are garbage
>>
>>61139267
DJ Screw is from houston retard
>>
>>61141571
your right, OA is an 11/10

:^)
>>
The reason MTI is so much better than OA is because Ugly Mane expanded greatly on genres (memphis rap, southern hip hop specifically Houston) that had a cult following.He did a great job at reviving these genres while also adding his own thing too it. Unfortunately most people who listen to them don't give a shit about that music so they couldn't appreciate it as much.

OA is nothing like this and he went on a dalek-ish (imo) rampage production wise and started flowing weirdly and being 2deep4you, i don't like it because i don't like it when my rap music is like this.

If you liked MTI go back and listen to some SUC classics, maybe browse a /MHHG/ or something idk im not gonna tell you what to listen to, just know MTI isn't the only rap album like that, as good as it is.
>>
>>61139751
Oh and Devil Shit isn't even that good you fucking dickrider i bet someone told you it was the most beautiful track ever and you were like "you know what, hes right"

THE TRACK IS LITERALLY THEM TALKING ABOUT HOW INSANE THEY ARE STOP THIS MEME
>>
>>61139751
One last thing since your post made me so salty. You are retarded if you think Three 6's only good contributions to music are Vol. 1 and Da Devil's Playground (which im sure you've only heard the remaster of)

Nigga, check yourself, Vol. 3 Spring Mix might be the best hip hop album of all time
>>
>>61139751
fuck you
>>
>>61132118
Three 6 is gr8, but dont pigeon hole yourself into that rap scene because you found out who Juicy J was in 2012. Hit up the Houston scene, UGK, K-Rino, DJ Screw, Bun B, etc. IMO there are only a few good Three 6 tracks and if you want the good stuff you gotta go to their solo stuff, like Project Pat and Scarecrow.
>>
>>61142126
>gr8

really? you couldn't type out the word?
>>
>>61142228
A couple sentences of input and you got caught up within the first 5 words. :)
>>
>>61142126
ITT PPL WHO HAVEN'T HEARD VOLUME 3 IM OUT DIS BITCH YALL ARE PLEBS
>>
File: tommy.jpg (95 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
95 KB, 1440x1080
Tommy Wright is the only memphis rapper worth listening to. Every day I make peace with myself, listening to dirty tunes from this gorilla looking mofo. He never ceases to surprise me and his lifestyle is also very extreme
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.